HI im new ^_^

HaviD

I have tinkered around with the app and have found areas caches might be in but my foot is in a boot until it heals and i couldn't readily explore off the narrow path.the app said i was in the right spot the clues matched but with my foot in the boot made it hard to explore much around. im planing on heading back as soon as my foot has fully healed. I am in the kent,wa area and am interested in finding more people in the area into this we have quite few in the city. and i hope to make some new friends my friends think im kinda silly for reading and learning everything i can in the time that i cant really go out and about but it sounds fun would get me outside and i love the area ^_^ what better hobby to get into. I have an android samsung galaxy prevail. i been thinking of getting a gps but not sure what to get? i have such a modest budget. :blink: :blink:

Edited by HaviD

I'm new too and not in your area but honestly I sucked at this until I started going to web sites that sold caching stuff. I found out these folks hide stuff in fake bolts, empty sprinkler heads, holes bored in electric poles, down the tops of sign posts, in fake rocks and yes even a fake critters. Some of these folks have very inventive minds and it pays to learn everything you can about it. There are some good Utube vids too.

I'm new too so I'm not the one to tell you what to get but I did buy a Garmin Etrex 10 for a little over $80 (opened pkg but unused)and used it today for the first time. The Etrex 10 has very little memory, holds only a few caches (20 I think) and doesn't have a map but it worked well today and it was something I could afford this month. I didn't like using my phone app but yours might be a lot better. Mine needed WIFI signals or it told me I was miles away.

I found out these folks hide stuff in fake bolts, empty sprinkler heads, holes bored in electric poles, down the tops of sign posts, in fake rocks and yes even a fake critters. Some of these folks have very inventive minds.

Yep, there are some real "shrewd-ies" out there! :yikes: