PQ not running correctly

baack40

I just tried to run a couple of PQ's. Instead of the Preview Search I get this: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?pq=9860deff-cca9-4dac-8bd5-0e14359091de I can copy and paste it in the brower and get to the pages of caches. But when I actually run the PQ and download it I cannot load it into GSAK. What's the problem here? I ran PQ's a couple of days ago and they were fine. Any suggestions?

I just renewed my membership a few days ago. I thought that might be the problem so I logged out and logged back in but made no difference. I am running IE 9. I have never had this problem and have ran dozens of PQ's. I shut down computer and restarted but that didn't help either. I have tried it several times. I also resubmitted a PQ that I had previously run and submitted it and it did the same thing. I am frustrated, Leaving in a few hours on a caching trip and had to load caches one at a time. Grrrr

Edited by baack40

It used to be after submitting you could click on preview caches and the list of caches would show up, Yes I can get the list of caches if I copy and past this link into the browner.

I used to download and then go to GSAK and click on downloads and load that file. When I try to do it the same way it will not download. I do not know how to do it this new way I guess. I used to just clock on the file in the downloads and it would load to GSAK Now what do I have to do?

As Lil Devil indicates, PQs generated from routes are incorrectly showing the raw URL rather than an active link to the preview. That would explain the first part of the issues you are having. However, I still don't see what's going on with the rest of what you are trying to describe. Even though the preview link is not working on the submission page for route PQs, they are still generating fine and are available for download as expected. When I spoof your login and download from your download tab, all of your PQs are all properly zipped and formed and have no problems going into GSAK.

Have you tried using a different browser to see if that might be the source of the issue?

I ran a PQ using the GC code and a 2 mile radius and it ran just fine and loaded to GSAK fine. I then ran a Along a Route PQ and am having the same problem. I don't know enough computer talk to explain exactly what I mean I guess. But I know I can't load the file I am getting doing the Along a Route PQ to GSAK. I am having to load everything one at a time. Frustrating. Something has definitely changed and I don't know how to explain it well enough I guess. I will have to wait until I get home and have another geocacher check it out for me I guess before I can get it worked out I guess.

I download it from the PQ page. Then I call up GSAK. I go to the File Folder Icon top left of GSAK. That opens my downloaded files. then I click on the file I want. At this point it usually shows a zippered file folders. However these that I am having trouble with look like a piece of blank paper with one corner folded down. LOL Best way I can describe things.

I ran a pocket query using a GC code for the center of my search with a 2 mile radius and it worked fine. but if I try to do a along a route query is when I have the problem.

Well what do you know. I ran another PQ and it worked perfectly except for that Preview problem. I downloaded from the PQ page just like I did all the rest and it worked fine. Hmmmmmm must have been dust balls in my computer? Mysterious for sure.

I did go back and download one of the others from the email first. Maybe that triggered something. Who knows but just glad it is working now.

thanks for all the help you tried to give me. If this ever happens again I will download it from the email and maybe that will fix it again. Who knows.

Thanks again