Event "Created By" same as CO's Name?

DougDawn

Can a geocaching event's "created by" name be the same name as my normal geocaching ID?

For example, if I want to have a small geocache event with 5 to 10 permanent, official geocaches, can I simply submit the event and the related permanent geocaches using my already existing geocaching / cache owner's ID?

Or, is it better to create a new Identity for events only?

Can a geocaching event's "created by" name be the same name as my normal geocaching ID?

For example, if I want to have a small geocache event with 5 to 10 permanent, official geocaches, can I simply submit the event and the related permanent geocaches using my already existing geocaching / cache owner's ID?

First a point of clarification - "An event cache should not be set up for the sole purpose of drawing together geocachers for an organized geocache search. Such group hunts are best organized using a discussion forum or an email distribution list."

See: http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#event

Events are more for socializing. You do not list a specific set of caches to go after in an Event Listing.

First a point of clarification - "An event cache should not be set up for the sole purpose of drawing together geocachers for an organized geocache search. Such group hunts are best organized using a discussion forum or an email distribution list."

Events are more for socializing. You do not list a specific set of caches to go after in an Event Listing.

Well, what if it's a picnic event with new, associated, permanent, official geocaches?

Well, what if it's a picnic event with new, associated, permanent, official geocaches?

That works - the focus should be on the picnic and that day - not the hunt though. Always fun to meet local cachers and share food!!

You can have aches for events. They must be permanent-just like all other caches. Now an even is for socializing. Meet new cachers and old friends, get some tips, discover coins. An event should not-and is not allowed-to be held just to go caching. So if it is-we all meet at the park and go to these caches, then it wouldn't be allowed. If it's lets meet for supper, there will be some prizes, and a special cake. Oh and there are some caches coming out today. That will be allowed. If everyone decides to go caching together that's fine but it should not be expected.

And to clarify your first question-if it is YOU that is hosting the event use your normal geocaching name.; DougDawn That way everyone will know who you are, but it's really up to you. If it's a christmas you could for example put Santa Claus, but it's always easier to put your name so everyone knows you.

That works - the focus should be on the picnic and that day - not the hunt though. Always fun to meet local cachers and share food!!

Thank you. I should have mentioned the picnic aspect in the first posting :)