Garmin Oregon 600 or Montana 600

kayakdannj

I am a dealer for Garmin and many other electronics including Magellan. I lost my Oregon 550 a few months ago in the woods and have been using my phone. While the iphone works great sometimes it is hard to locate GZ and the compass is wrong. I am looking into the new Oregon 600 because of the unlimited geocaches but the Montana is nice because of the bigger screen and I can use it on my kayak and the truck. Any ideas which you like better?

It is impossible to answer a question about a model that does not exist yet.... After it is released and people have time to look and comment on it, some amount of opinion could be expressed. The reality of ALL of these type of questions, is that it is personal choice. You need to look at them yourself in person and decide what suits YOU.

I am not sure what your mean? I was simply asking what the thoughts on it were compared to the Montana. I was planning on using my tax return money to purchase a new unit. I realize it is not out yet. One of my distributors carrys them so I have access to any one I choose.

If you have access to any Garmin model and you are a Garmin dealer then presumably you'll have display models? So why not take the display models out and see how you get on with them?

I'd have thought personal experience in the situation you'll use something would easily trump anonymous opinions (only some of which will be based on actual experience) on a message board.

I am not sure what your mean? I was simply asking what the thoughts on it were compared to the Montana. I was planning on using my tax return money to purchase a new unit. I realize it is not out yet. One of my distributors carrys them so I have access to any one I choose.

If you have access to any Garmin model and you are a Garmin dealer then presumably you'll have display models? So why not take the display models out and see how you get on with them?

I'd have thought personal experience in the situation you'll use something would easily trump anonymous opinions (only some of which will be based on actual experience) on a message board.

Thanks guys, I'll look into the Montana's.

I wish it was as easy to just get displays and try them. My distibutor stocks them but they are sealed boxes. I am a boating shop and one of the distributors also carries handheld units.