UK Sig Items, lost art?

nohholmez

Hi all, I'm based in the UK and I just wondered if anyone bothers with sig items anymore. I'm totally into it and am in the process of producing some more robust tokens to release (done the whole paper and card thing), some trackable some not.

In the caches I've found so far I've not found really any 'proper' sig items. Just little pieces of paper usually (which I still appreciate btw). If anyone does still put them out there, show them off here? Seems to be fairly common in the US. I think the cache sizes in the UK also create problems as film cannisters and mag nanos don't hold anything really. Does anyone appreciate finding sig items?

(PS - Just using my satellite account as I share the main Geocaching account with my partner in case you are thinking what are you talking about you haven't found a thing). :unsure:

Hi all, I'm based in the UK and I just wondered if anyone bothers with sig items anymore. I'm totally into it and am in the process of producing some more robust tokens to release (done the whole paper and card thing), some trackable some not.

In the caches I've found so far I've not found really any 'proper' sig items. Just little pieces of paper usually (which I still appreciate btw). If anyone does still put them out there, show them off here? Seems to be fairly common in the US. I think the cache sizes in the UK also create problems as film cannisters and mag nanos don't hold anything really. Does anyone appreciate finding sig items?

(PS - Just using my satellite account as I share the main Geocaching account with my partner in case you are thinking what are you talking about you haven't found a thing). :unsure:

We drop a sig item off occasionally, our sig item is one of these with a little face drawn on by smallcacher and our caching name and maybe if it's a celebratory cache a find number on the back.

post_earrings_-_cat_face_shaped_natural_dyed_wood_button_4b896df9.jpg

we enjoying seeing other peoples and have come across a few in caches, including some nice ones from Merlink (which smallcacher has a thing about trading for) and someone else (sorry I can't recall the name) who painted the GC logo on a stone with their cachers name.

eta - we are in the UK

Edited by pixeltash

I have little silver stars made of clay made by my niece and nephews. All they have is tftc on though. Maybe I should pop my name on them. My other half likes to leave piece of film from old style cinema film. Though as they no longer make it and he no longer works at cinema that will end with the watch film. However he does have over 500 pieces so that will last a while.

Also we're in UK. :)