Somerset Geocachers

Jazmino

Hello, I am still fairly new to geocaching and would love to get into the social side of it.

So I am wondering if there are any geocachers who live in and around the Somerset area who fancy doing meetups to share tips, experiences and maybe even get some swapping involved.

If anyone fancies it I have set up a facebook group called North Somerset geocachers. Search for it on the website :)

Hello, I am still fairly new to geocaching and would love to get into the social side of it.

So I am wondering if there are any geocachers who live in and around the Somerset area who fancy doing meetups to share tips, experiences and maybe even get some swapping involved.

If anyone fancies it I have set up a facebook group called North Somerset geocachers. Search for it on the website :)

Hi there, welcome :)

There is already a geocaching facebook group for the area: Somerset and Bristol Geocachers.

Geocachers get to know each other by attending geocaching event caches. If you log into the link below using your geocaching.com account details it'll show a map with locations of all up-coming UK geocaching events - and beneath the map a list of them all in date order. Just zoom in on the UK:

Up-coming UK events

You may be interested in this one perhaps... "Celebration USA to Somerset UK" event.

MrsB :)

There is a meet tomorrow that you might like to consider a little bit north of Somerset near Ross on Wye:

Walford Winter Welcome - 2

Not to bad a trip from your area if you have transport.

Looking forward to the summer you might want to consider coming along to one of the years bigger meets which is just up the road to you:

Going Wild in the Wild West

I will admit to having a slight interest in this event [;)], but I think you'll find it fun and a great way to meet many geocachers in one place.

I've searched, but can't find your group. However, I see that you have found the Somerset & Bristol group that MrsB linked to (although we aren't as active as many of the other facebook groups).

There is also a GAGB - UK & Ireland caching news which has a files tab with details of various other facebook groups.

Brilliant, I did find the group that MrsB posted which has been a great help in being notified when things are happening. I am due to give birth the weekend before the wild west event, which is a massive shame as it is very close, but then it is an annual event it seems so I am sure there will be next year, with another brand new budding baby geocacher :)