Images disappear from cache page.

PhatBldGuy

I have been notified of a problem with one of my caches by a fellow cacher. The image needed to solve for the coordinates has disappeared. This image has not been removed by me and I am not sure of when it happened as I have not looked at the cache page for some time (at least the year). The cache page is GCHH85 It should have a message written in klingon. I adopted this cache so have not been able to recreate the message. I contacted the former owner and have gotten no response. Not being computer savvy any guidance would be nice.

Edited by TheMcMorrows

The URL for the image was

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/107353_4200.JPG

This looks like the same issue discussed here:

Images on older caches being lost

Essentially, the old image naming conventions are no longer supported. I didn't find an appropriate-looking image in either your gallery or in the original CO's gallery, so I think you'll need to write contact@geocaching.com to ask for the new URL. (Be sure to provide the old URL so they can look up the image in their database.)

Once you have the new URL, you'll need to edit the cache description, replacing the old URL with the new one.