Add music to a cache page

CrossedAnchors

You should be able to link the file. Auto-play? I hope not.

I agree, I hate web pages that play sound when you visit them. Nothing like surfing the web late at night when the family is sleeping and hit a site that plays sound and your speakers were unknowingly set to high.

At one time you could auto play sound on cache pages. Thankfully TPTB removed that capability. At least they had at one time. I hope it still is not possible.

Really guys, does there need to be this level of negativity? I am asking a simple question, can I add a link, a place on the page where YOU can CHOOSE to click to hear the music! So how about we save the negativity for the rest of the world....ok? Thanks

The file will need to reside somewhere else on the web, and then yes you can add a link to it, so people can choose to play it.

Really guys, does there need to be this level of negativity? I am asking a simple question, can I add a link, a place on the page where YOU can CHOOSE to click to hear the music! So how about we save the negativity for the rest of the world....ok? Thanks

I think you may be reading far too much into those posts. BlueDeuce started his post by answering your question, then pointed out something that many people find irritating. It wasn't clear from your post that you weren't wanting exactly that, and we do get other cachers asking for it in these forums, so he expressed his opinion on auto-playing audio. briansnat, who is arguably one of the most well-liked and well-respected cachers in these forums, agreed with BlueDeuce's opinion. FWIW, I also agree.

So, in summary, yes, you can link to an audio file elsewhere on the internet.