Megellan eXplorist GC

Ashoo1991

I had this problem. My unit did this too; it would not turn on at all. One day I uploaded a new PQ to the unit (Explorist GC with firmware 1.7) and I restarted it to apply the new PQ. After it applied the PQ I always turn off the unit and turn it back on just to have it clean up anything. That is when it would stop turning on. The unit would not turn on for anything. I would not even get the hour glass screen, it was just black. I tried having it plugged into a USB port with and without batteries but nothing helped. In the end I had to buy a new unit; still have the old broken one sitting on my desk. I still love the Explorist GC unit but it would be nice to be able to get it working again.

I had this problem. My unit did this too; it would not turn on at all. One day I uploaded a new PQ to the unit (Explorist GC with firmware 1.7) and I restarted it to apply the new PQ. After it applied the PQ I always turn off the unit and turn it back on just to have it clean up anything. That is when it would stop turning on. The unit would not turn on for anything. I would not even get the hour glass screen, it was just black. I tried having it plugged into a USB port with and without batteries but nothing helped. In the end I had to buy a new unit; still have the old broken one sitting on my desk. I still love the Explorist GC unit but it would be nice to be able to get it working again.

Wolf9545,

Obviously this failure with the GC is a known problem, so if you would like a replacement for the problem unit, please email me at zukicacher@gmail.com and I will give you the contact information for the Magellan Outdoor product manager. Even if your GPS is out of warrenty, he's pretty good about replacing units that have failed with a known problem like this one.

David

Magellan Insider/Beta Tester

In an odd coincidence I'vce just got back from holiday and my GC won't turn on either. All I get is the Magellen logo at the top and a blank screen. I've tried new batteries, connecting to the PC and doing the menu and joystick thing, but no luck, just the same. Any other suggestions? I bought it in April this year.

Thanks