First caches.

Faycocache

Very nice. May you find many more! Probably not muggles, usually not finding is due to bad luck or poor gps reception. Usually happens to me. We've had 3 people on my team working on the same cache for months now :P we know it's there though.

True its hard to tell. We combed a pretty wide area looking for it. I took my cousin and little brother along with me, and we just couldn't find them at all. Were definitely going to hit them again on a better day.

mossyoakd,

What were the size and difficulty ratings of the geocaches you couldn't find?

One of them was a "small" and the other was a "regular".

I'm going to back next week and check again. I might have overlooked them. I was pretty excited from still finding my first one.

We found 2 more today. One was rated really hard, but it wasn't bad.

I had to go back to a particular cache location 6 times before I spotted the canister wired to the back of the fence.

Another time I spotted a cache up on a high fence after we'd been looking on the ground for at least 15 minutes.

Sometimes the easiest caches are the ones that are hardest to find...

It's funny how the natural instinct is to look on the ground for caches. I've been doing this for years and still have to remind myself to look up if I've had no luck for a few minutes.

I had to go back to a particular cache location 6 times before I spotted the canister wired to the back of the fence.

Another time I spotted a cache up on a high fence after we'd been looking on the ground for at least 15 minutes.

Sometimes the easiest caches are the ones that are hardest to find...

I'm going to be going back soon thankfully. Might look for it again this week if I can get the time.

mossyoakd,

What were the size and difficulty ratings of the geocaches you couldn't find?

One of them was a "small" and the other was a "regular".

I'm going to back next week and check again. I might have overlooked them. I was pretty excited from still finding my first one.

We found 2 more today. One was rated really hard, but it wasn't bad.

I remember firing up my GPSr the first time and discovering there was a cache at the park just 200 yards from my house. Exciting! I had not heard that the GPS device was not exactly pin-point accurate, especially under trees, so I was confused when the cache was not right where my Garmin said it was. It was maybe 20-30 feet east (under trees.) I found it eventually. Very fun to find something hidden just 100 feet from the swing sets, unknown to muggle eyes. :rolleyes: Wishing you many more caches!