Cache place distance to Puzzle coordinates

chrislux12

I have read the "Geocache Listing Requirements / Guidelines" and I am just a little unsure on something, the location I want to place my cache is near a puzzle cache, the puzzle cache coordinates are not the actual place of the cache so are non physical with no physical elements, the guidelines say they can be closer then 161m because there is nothing physically placed at that location but how close can they be placed? It implies that they can share the same location.

because there is nothing physically placed at that location but how close can they be placed? It implies that they can share the same location.

They can be at the same location.

As a courtesy to the other cache owner, it's nice to put your hide a bit away from their bogus coords, so that both listings show up on cache maps.

This is not a requirement, and if the exact location is where your physical cache needs to be, you can put it there.

Thanks for the replies, I do understand now and it does of course make sense to try and not use the same coords so they don't overlap on the map, I will bear this in mind when I place the cache, thanks.

If your cache location does end up being right at or very near the bogus coordinates of the puzzle cache, you could try asking the owner of the puzzle cache if they mind, or if they would mind changing the bogus coordinates. I have several puzzle caches and I wouldn't mind changing the bogus coordinates of any of them a little distance.