Walking Stick Medallion

Starship1

I have a walking stick that I have placed a Medallion that is trackable on to the tip most part (should be very visible to any Geocacher) I wish to use this as I Geocache and use it as a trackable. How do I go about showing this as "out in the wild and available" It will always remain with me as I travel and it's intent is meeting other Geocachers as they are out and about. I assume I leave it in my inventory and therefore others can log it as discovered and such. I will carry a log book for others that greet me and then can sign the log and record a find. Any ideas and help with how to accomplish this would grately be appreciated.

Only the bugs in caches can be considered "out there". Yours will only be available to those who meet it on the trail or at events.If you plan on logging it through the caches you have visited just keep it in your inventory and log it as normal. When people see it they can log a Discover. Or if you are not logging it through caches put it in your Collection and people can Discover it from there.

For me, as I only log TBs I actually assist, you're gonna have to let me carry your walking stick as we find the cache. :)

Edited by BlueDeuce

What BlueDeuce said. Plus you don't carry a log book for trackables. Some people like the Ducky will only log TB's they help along, or carry with them, others will discover any bug they see, and some only log at events. I have a TB on my car and it wasn't ever logged as discovered until we had our big event, even though I know for a fact others have seen it.

Thanks for the replies and advice. Yes I will carry a logbook for signatures, realizing that this is not the Norm.

Blue Duece "For me, as I only log TBs I actually assist, you're gonna have to let me carry your walking stick as we find the cache. " You bet I'd be happy to walk with you to the cache, anytime your in the Hudson Valley of New York.

I guess my real question is, How will anyone know about this trackable? Unless of course they see me and the Medallion on the Walking Stick.

I am considering buying a TB that can be ironed on to clothing to make myself trackable. I was thinking of putting it onto my old jacket that I use for geocaching, but then if i decide to wear my hi viz jacket then no one will see it <_< Unless I wear the fleece under my hi viz and when we meet fellow cachers I could rip my outer jacket off and twirl around like Wonder Woman :D But then that would scare folk..... ;)

I am considering buying a TB that can be ironed on to clothing to make myself trackable. I was thinking of putting it onto my old jacket that I use for geocaching, but then if i decide to wear my hi viz jacket then no one will see it <_< Unless I wear the fleece under my hi viz and when we meet fellow cachers I could rip my outer jacket off and twirl around like Wonder Woman :D But then that would scare folk..... ;)

I use a few of the pin backs. (you can get packs of them at crafts stores.) One in each corner and your good to go. Plus doing it this way you can move the patch to whatever gear your wearing that day.