A web cam completed

ayrbrain

Back in Nov last year we were in Melbourne Australia and managed a few caches. One of the ones I completed was Fedcam in Federation Square .melbourne. I have just been looking at my stastistics and cannot see any mention of the web cam on my chart. It is counted as a find in my numbers found though. Just wondered if this is counted as a web cam one as It was to be completed using the web cam, which I managed to do, and logged it. Thank you for any replies/help. Ps I hope this is the correct area to post this. <_<

GCK4EG was published as Mystery type, not a webcam type.

It looks to have always been something of a webcam. But the cache owner choose Mystery, and the reviewer published that way - which is also okay, as Mystery type is a catch-all. It's a bit different in design from the usual webcam - you take a picture, using your own camera, of your image on the big screen.

In any case, you're credited with the type on the page, which is Mystery.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Back in Nov last year we were in Melbourne Australia and managed a few caches. One of the ones I completed was Fedcam in Federation Square .melbourne. I have just been looking at my stastistics and cannot see any mention of the web cam on my chart. It is counted as a find in my numbers found though. Just wondered if this is counted as a web cam one as It was to be completed using the web cam, which I managed to do, and logged it. Thank you for any replies/help. Ps I hope this is the correct area to post this. <_<

The cache was published as an "Unknown" type 8.gif

It wasn't published as a "webcam" type 11.gif

B.

GCK4EG was published as Mystery type, not a webcam type.

It looks to have always been something of a webcam. But the cache owner choose Mystery, and the reviewer published that way - which is also okay, as Mystery type is a catch-all. It's a bit different in design from the usual webcam - you take a picture, using your own camera, of your image on the big screen.

It was okay for the reviewer to publish it that way because Additional Logging Requirements were allowed back in 2004. Today...not so much. Since ALRs weren't grandfathered, I'm a bit surprised that this cache still requires a photo be taken and uploaded.