my geocaching profile

The Growler

I seem to have lost my stats via "My Geocaching Profile", does anyone know of any problems?

Hmm, they seem to be there now.

I see you're finding over 5.6 caches a day this year. Wow!

Maybe try them again?

If this keeps being a problem then you can report it here:

Bug reporting forum

and you might get more response.

I did a quick check and didn't see anyone else having the same problem, but it was a quick check and I might have missed something.

Have you tried to use a different browser? Of if you are using IE delete the temporary files and try again.

Also try holding down the Shift Key and pressing F5 which should hopefully force the browser to reload the page freshly.

Most web pages you load have a date on them that the Browser reads, it uses this date then next time it loads the page to see if it needs to check for new content. If you are within that date then it will usually look on your computer to see if in the temporary files the page exists, if so it displays what you already had. The purpose of this is that it speeds up browsing for sites where content doesn't change too often.

Langy

Most web pages you load have a date on them that the Browser reads, it uses this date then next time it loads the page to see if it needs to check for new content. If you are within that date then it will usually look on your computer to see if in the temporary files the page exists, if so it displays what you already had. The purpose of this is that it speeds up browsing for sites where content doesn't change too often.
I think you just described caching, Langy :)

It was probably to do with this update they did in July:

All Users Must Upload My Finds PQ and Export Profile HTML Within One Month

07/27/2012

As noted in past updates, we've been making a number of behind the scenes changes to increase the stability of the website and give it space to grow. The latest change requires that all users upload their My Finds PQ and then copy/paste their profile HTML code from the "Preview and Export HTML" page into their geocaching.com profiles. This will need to be done sometime within the next month. Note, if you don't display your mygeocachingprofile.com statistics on your geocaching.com profile page, you don't need to do this copy/paste. You'll probably be familiar with these steps if you use mygeocachingprofile.com, but if you have any questions, please email us at contactus@mygeocachingprofile.com. After one month, any users who have not done this will simply not be able to see their mygeocachingprofile.com profile images from their geocaching.com profiles until they go ahead and copy over the updated code.

I think you just described caching, Langy :)

Lol, yup caching of the IT kind, just can't get away from it!:blink: