Found a great Trackable but the tracking number is missing

BorderC

I searched the Holy Macro! cache location extensively on 3 separate locations refusing to give up on finding "Tiki Man" that was supposed to be there. Spent many hours searching the structure high and low, fighting off rats and spiders with my flashlight. Then I finally found it far from the building in some blackberry bushes. The tag with the tracking code has been taken, the head of Tiki Man slashed (I plan to fix it) and the 50mm ammo container is long gone.

Is there a way to recover the code? I e-mailed the owner but haven't gotten a response and I'd like to send Tiki Man on his way. He's kinda creeping me out, lol.

Here's the trackable's page, you can see there are a lot of pics of it. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=777330

Pics: http://www.geocaching.com/track/gallery.aspx?ID=777330

And this is my pic, what he looks like now. BTW, he started in Washington, I found him here in California. http://www.allbordercollies.com/misc/TikiMan.jpg

Edited by BorderC
I e-mailed the owner but haven't gotten a response and I'd like to send Tiki Man on his way. He's kinda creeping me out, lol.

Post at least a Note Log on the TB's page (if that's the one, which I guess it is) and the photos (and that you're waiting for email). There may be an email problem in one direction or the other, but a log on a Trackable's page gets through.

Isn't the code TB18WN3?

Scary head :)

That's the public code, but it isn't the regular, non-public code you can use to log the trackable (the code listed on a trackable's page isn't the same code as that on the trackable's tag, unless you're the owner, in which case both codes show on the page).

To the OP...you know, I think the slash in the head kind of adds! :D kunarion's idea is an excellent one. You could also try e-mailing past finders of the trackable and see if any of them kept the code (but I suspect not very many people do). Kudos to you for finding the thing.

After a bunch of reading and tracing things, I'd be inclined to really look around on that item for a number, not a tag at all necessarily. I found a log that mentioned the tag was missing back quite a ways. Yet people found the number and logged it til it went missing. There is another similarly named TB out there recently which asks for no photos be posted on the site etc. The reason given is 'it's shy'. Perhaps the original is also shy for a reason you might find by looking close.

Either way, the TO is active, so make sure you get your email address into the body of text when you email thru their profile or use a PM. They may have hit the noreply bit bucket.

Doug 7rxc