PQ help please

Need me glasses

First I will say sorry for yet another help post!

I have created a new PQ (I have previously managed to load 1 onto GPS) and want to load it onto my GPS but previous advise I was given was to clear old PQ from devise, I have tried to find how to do this but just cant see how, I loaded it anyway thinking maybe it just replaces the old one but although new caches now show up there are no new logs added to the caches that where already on the GPS. Can someone please talk me through it as if I am a 5 year old or something as I am very new to computer use!

From the manual:

To delete all waypoints, touch Setup > Reset > Delete All Waypoints > Yes.

Hope that helps? Shout if you're still stuck.

That's for waypoints. The OP was asking about geocaches (specifically PQ files).

First I will say sorry for yet another help post!

I have created a new PQ (I have previously managed to load 1 onto GPS) and want to load it onto my GPS but previous advise I was given was to clear old PQ from devise, I have tried to find how to do this but just cant see how, I loaded it anyway thinking maybe it just replaces the old one but although new caches now show up there are no new logs added to the caches that where already on the GPS. Can someone please talk me through it as if I am a 5 year old or something as I am very new to computer use!

First off, can you describe how you're loading the PQ file(s) onto your GPS?

A pocket query generates a .gpx file. Basically you need to copy this file onto your GPS. You don't need any fancy program to do that. Think of your GPS as another harddrive. When you plug your GPS into your computer, a folder should pop up letting you see the contents of your GPS. Be careful! You can browse through the folders. You are looking for the GPX folder. If it's like mine, it will be inside the GARMIN directory. You should see at least 1 file with the extension .gpx. These files are from your old pocket query. You can delete them directly, just like you delete files on your harddrive. Then copy the new .gpx file(s) into that directory.

As for the whole zipping/unzipping thing, usually you just double click on the file and it will unzip.

If you're new to computers, it would probably be helpful to find someone local to read what we've wrote here and step you through the unzipping and copying. You don't want to mess around with the files on your GPS too much. It would be good once in a while to make backups of all the files on your GPS in case something happens.

Edited by The_Incredibles_