First timer from South Wales

ShakeyMic

Just happend to stumble across the Geocaching App on my Iphone and can't get enough of it.

Looking forward to taking my 9yr old daughter out hunting for the caches!

Just happens that there seems to be quite a few located near to where I live and in fact, there are two literally less than 500 yards from my house.

Seems like a fun way of taking the kids on an adventure and keeping fit at the same time!

Thanks.

Welcome to the obsession that is Geocaching! Our kids were 13 and 14 when I started, they enjoyed it for a while, then it got less and less with them. That was 11 years ago! Have fun!

Gaz

Edited to say keep us posted how you get on finding your first, as the iPhone isn't as good as a dedicated GPSr (so I am led to believe). I use a Garmin VistaHcX

Edited by GAZ

Welcome from us, too. We're in the SE corner of Wales.

MrsB

There is a South Wales Facebook page if you are interested. Where in South Wales are you based?

From the Rhondda. Really starting to get the bug!

Managed to get a FTF yesterday. It was only because I've been glued to this site and I realised a new cache had appeared not far from my house. I made a move for it within minutes. Good job really as I got there literally seconds before one half of The Rhondda Roamers!

I'm heading West on the weekend to the caravan hoping to find a few more.