the Garmin triangle

I am often frustrated by the size of the "you are here" garmin triangle when navigating on maps,, having just had a look in the units garmin dir, would i be right in saying the garmintriangle.... icon file there is actually the one - so presumably i could swap it for something more to my liking? and where would i find alternative icon files?

cheers alligator

...having just had a look in the units garmin dir, would i be right in saying the garmintriangle.... icon file there is actually the one - so presumably i could swap it for something more to my liking?

That is the icon for when you mount your GPS in USB Mass Storage Mode, not the icon on the map page.
That is the icon for when you mount your GPS in USB Mass Storage Mode, not the icon on the map page.

I've changed that icon to pointing down, for the MicroSD cards, so I know which is which when I put the Nuvi onto the computer.. (somewhat simple.. load the .ico file under Paint, rotate 180, save-as...(a new name) then adding the icon= to the autoload.ini) the icon on the screen of the hand-helds, is locked within the firmware.. not accessible from the memory of the devices.. (even the custom icons through XImage won't touch it.) It would be nice, if Garmin would allow custom changes to the arrow, though.. On my old Yellow eTrex, it was the walking figure.. Would love to have a similar on the newer Vista-HCx.. :laughing:

...the icon on the screen of the hand-helds, is locked within the firmware.. not accessible from the memory of the devices.. (even the custom icons through XImage won't touch it.) It would be nice, if Garmin would allow custom changes to the arrow, though.. On my old Yellow eTrex, it was the walking figure.. Would love to have a similar on the newer Vista-HCx.. :laughing:

Did you miss my previous post?

You CAN change the arrow, or vehicle, displayed on the map screen.

Edited by Atlas Cached

Only on the Garmin Montana GPSr

...the icon on the screen of the hand-helds, is locked within the firmware.. not accessible from the memory of the devices.. (even the custom icons through XImage won't touch it.) It would be nice, if Garmin would allow custom changes to the arrow, though.. On my old Yellow eTrex, it was the walking figure.. Would love to have a similar on the newer Vista-HCx.. :laughing:

Only on the Garmin Montana GPSr

Well then, I suppose we all know which one I am using.

Most unfortunate this is not possible on other handhelds.