Printing Maps

ExploringBug

I have a garmin Oregon 550t but I like to print out a map also. What is the best way to print out a map showing a selected cache with the new map system? Thanks for the help.

Here's what I do:

On cache page, under "For online maps..."

click Google Maps

zoom it to whatever level I need

at this point I use a screen capture software

capture it as a picture file

print it out

I think you could try just printing the browser page out

or perhaps PRTSC (print screen) on your computer

if you use GSAK, there is a very nice macro that lets you print out overview maps (or single maps depending on zoom) with caches labeled by numbers with a cache list

The free program CacheMagnet will load a GPX file and providing you allow internet access it will give you the option to print a Bing map showing the caches with the GC number or you can print a report two different ways or you can print both a report and a map.

I have a garmin Oregon 550t but I like to print out a map also. What is the best way to print out a map showing a selected cache with the new map system? Thanks for the help.

When I need a satellite map of a tricky cache spot, I zoom all the way in, and take a picture of the computer screen, with just the right spot in the frame, using my Oregon 550T. Then the map picture is right there on the GPSr. I don't know if that would be useful for you, but may come in handy at times.

When I want to print a map of an area, I use the map on the geocaching site and zoom in or out to get the area I want. Once I have that on the screen, I do a screen shot by pushing the control key and the print screen key. After that I go into Microsoft Word and paste the saved screen into a document. It saves a lot of driving back and forth to different caches.

I use GCTour for printing ( http://gctour.madd.in/ )

The Firefox browser and the Greasemonkey-addon is required.

But then GCTour saves a lot of paper when printing out caches. Multiple caches can be combined to one tour and you can decide whether an overview map or an individual map per cache is needed. The print preview can be edited (especially unneeded elements can be easily removed) The map for the printout can be osm or google based.

Especially when going on Tour with fellow cachers it is easier to have the cache descriptions and the Overview Map at hand when discussing if and where to go next.