Waypoints

I have Etrex 10 and I'm getting used to it now regarding the Geocaches I want to learn about Waypointing, I'm assuming it's a "Marker on your Map" to where you want to go like for example when you set out do a walk and you mark it where you start "Your Car" when you switch the GPS On.

What I'm also wandering is suppose I want to do a walk and want to visit various sites of interest on my route is that Waymarking?

So how do I get the Cordinates I'm not that cleaver on a map I rely on the GPS I'm playing with Google Earth too see if it could help me along.

Thanks

Rob

I have Etrex 10 and I'm getting used to it now regarding the Geocaches I want to learn about Waypointing, I'm assuming it's a "Marker on your Map" to where you want to go like for example when you set out do a walk and you mark it where you start "Your Car" when you switch the GPS On.

What I'm also wandering is suppose I want to do a walk and want to visit various sites of interest on my route is that Waymarking?

So how do I get the Cordinates I'm not that cleaver on a map I rely on the GPS I'm playing with Google Earth too see if it could help me along.

Thanks

Rob

I probably shouldn't be the one to respond, but I'll make an attempt to explain the basics: a waypoint, as I understand, is a spot marked (on the gps. Waymarking is "Marking" interesting places in your community (or on vacations) that you think others might enjoy visiting. There are well over 1,000 categories, so you can pick and choose the categories that interest you, and ignore the ones you don't care about. You can post a waymark (like creating a geocache page) by following the instructions for that category. Each category has its own requirements. Generally speaking, to visit a waymark you prove you were there by a photo and/or detailed visit log (definitely avoid "TFTWM" or "Visited").

I hope this bare bones explanation helps.