Cache owners questionnaire

Dan2099

What is your idea to help improve caching? What do you think would help geocaching as a whole or help improve a large part of it. Here is my idea.

We have all found a cache that was good but with a slight tweak could make a good cache a great one I think a simple questionnaire should be made that cache owners could send out to people that have found their caches. The first half of the questionnaire would be fill in the bubble type thing on a scale with questions like: how unique, how creative, how likely are you to hunt another cache of mine, etc....then the next part would allow them to actually write something such as suggestions on how to improve that cache or how much they loved it.

I think if people did this it would have a dramatic effect on creativity and we might see less saturation of common caches that serve no purpose other then to get a smiley.

Any experience I had with a cache gets written on the online log.

I would not respond to other's "questionaires". I'd find it like a creepy stalker thing, similar to an email received from a CO after looking at a PMO and triggering the audit.

- And I wouldn't respond to critiques on mine either. I put 'em out with an idea in mind. Some get it, some don't. Who here thinks they're the know-all of caching to critique others?

Caching has evolved over the years, some good, some bad and it'll continue for (hopefully) some time. My caching likes/dislikes and style are different than yours. Now make it thousands of ideas on how it could "improve", who'd be right? Everyone's idea on improvement would simply be their (usually biased) opinion.

It's a neat idea - however, I can't say that I'd participate in filling it out.

Favorite points are worth 1000 words. Not only that - but most people will make comments /feedback about the creative container. That's good enough for me....and puts a smile on my face.

This hobby has such a wide range of people enjoying it. Each individual person enjoys the hobby in a different way. If someone wants to hide a cache - however simple and boring it may be - so be it. It's not my place to judge them on what THEY wanted to hide. Besides, they might be new at the game and not know how or what to hide. Give 'em time .... if they have it. Not everyone in this game has time to build neat containers or make creative hides. If they like to hide LPC's - I can't argue with that. I won't get poison ivy from finding an LPC!! Or ticks for that matter.

The last thing we need to do is give negative feedback and discourage people from playing. The more they play, the more they'll understand ...and they might just pull a nice creative one as they get more experience.

No, I don't think it would be remotely useful. Anyone with quality feedback already has at least 2 channels to provide it -- the log and e-mail -- and I see no advantage to any kind of formal or standardized approach. It would mainly just amplify the "TFTC" effect.

IMHO, the cache owners who might actually use feedback from such a questionnaire don't need it; they already pay attention to the existing feedback (e.g., online logs). And the cache owners who ignore the existing feedback would just ignore a questionnaire like this too.

IMHO, the cache owners who might actually use feedback from such a questionnaire don't need it; they already pay attention to the existing feedback (e.g., online logs). And the cache owners who ignore the existing feedback would just ignore a questionnaire like this too.

You are probably right,