Need free Australian maps and a geocaching software for an ASUS PDA

Hi Everybody!

I am a cacher from Hungary, but now I live in Australia. I have an ASUS A686 MyPal PDA. I have a NaviTEL software on my PDA, but I don`t have any maps of Australia. Is there anybody who can tell me what kind of software I should download, to which I can download maps of Australia and which is good for playing geocaching (can handle LOC or GPX files)?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Regards,

Krypton85

I haven't tried this one yet, but have recently found a site called Tracks4Australia. "Tracks4Australia provides an alternative free map set that can be used both with MapSource on a PC or uploaded to a map capable Garmin GPS unit." The aim is to provide a high quality map set for all of Australia with a focus on non metropolitan areas.

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/tracks4australia/

Hi Everybody!

I am a cacher from Hungary, but now I live in Australia. I have an ASUS A686 MyPal PDA. I have a NaviTEL software on my PDA, but I don`t have any maps of Australia. Is there anybody who can tell me what kind of software I should download, to which I can download maps of Australia and which is good for playing geocaching (can handle LOC or GPX files)?

Regards,

Krypton85

I suspect that Navitel use a proprietary map format. See For creating maps for Navitel Navigator from OpenStreetMap data

You could also try Googling free navitel australian maps

Hi Everybody!

Regards,

Krypton85

I suspect that Navitel use a proprietary map format. See For creating maps for Navitel Navigator from OpenStreetMap data

You could also try Googling free navitel australian maps

You might also talk to Alex over at http://www.maps4me.com, because he produces maps and might be able to help...

David

Magellan Insider