Looking for GPS for tracking

I'm looking for some suggestions on a GPS. I've looked though some of the threads, but I thought I'd post my specific situation.

I'm planning a vacation soon, and want to use a gps to track where I've been during the day so I can later geotag my photos. My Droid could do that, but the batteries would be sucked dry in a short time. I need something that can keep up with a vacation day. The 15-18 hours I see for a hand held GPS looks workable.

I used to use a Garmin Geko 101. I'd stick it under my hat and go. But it's seen better days and can barely stay on.

I was looking at the etrex 10 and 20, but was disturbed by all the negative reviews on Amazon. Is it really that buggy? I have the cable for the original eTrex, so a eTrex H might be workable. But it seems a little taller then I'd like.

Suggestions? The main requirement is that it is small, works, and I can count on it.

Edited by GeckoGeek

The etrex 20 does a decent job. It saves tracks in gpx format, and lets you archive unlimited number of tracks. I am using one for track logging several days a week.

Also consider the Explorist 110 and 310. I own these and also use them for logging. Accurate and use gpx file format.

I have a Delorme 30 which does a good job, but battery life is low. I understand the 60 has much improved battery life.

After posting, I took my Googling a different direction. I'm really tempted by the i-gotU GT-600.

Not so good for geocaching, but looks like it will work great for geotagging.

I tried to google and ended up just adding my favorite GPS shopping keyword "semsons".

I liked the GiSTEQ PhotoTrackr Mini Data Logger / USB GPS Receiver best.

SIDE NOTE: I searched a long time ago for a GPS after I bought a camera with socket for a GPS. The optional GPS for the camera was way too expensive when compared to my stand alone GPS. I may start considering a GPS logger, now since I never found one for my camera.

I use a Pharos GPS-500 (Identical look to one Micro$oft marketed under their label, but the Pharos version has internal memory.)

41W6N5JCYML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

the 'Dock' provides a battery to run the GPS, but you need the USB dongle.... (center of this photo)

518W67RD8FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and Pharos' 'Trips & Pics' software to download the data, and to tag photos from a digital camera that has the time/date set and tagged to each photo.

I've also used .GPX data from out of both the Trips & pics software, or from off one of my Garmin eTrex devices, and geo-tagged the photos through EasyGPS (cNet link) by Topographix.. (same company that set the .GPX standard)

I picked-up the copy of Trips & Pics with the GPS, USB dongle, and battery dock off eBay.. It's a little rare lately... (and expensive! Yipes! $50.00!!!!)