Gotta luv that bug!

The Blorenges

An example of why I enjoy travel bugs:

Last October we released "Indalo to Mojacar", a simple keyring TB with the mission to get to a cache near our friends in SE Spain. Not too difficult, I thought - It's only about 1000 miles and plenty of people in UK holiday in Spain.

The journey started well, it was picked up by some cachers we know and they took it off to Spain, gave it a few visits, and dropped it into a cache about 20 miles from its destination cache. Great! Almost too easy. It would soon be with our friends...

Then, suddenly, it went backwards and ended up in Belgium (Quiet sigh)(Never mind)(Not too far from Spain)

It spent Christmas and New Year wandering around Belgium...

Then, I get a notification to say it's been placed in a cache called "Plaza de Barrio". Great! That sounds like it's back in Spain... I look... No - It's jumped over 8000 miles - to Chile :o<_<

(Quiet sigh) (Never mind)

From there it visited Argentina, jumped another 9000 miles back across the Atlantic to the Middle East... Where somebody picked it up and brought it back to UK. It's now back wandering around southern England!

:D:lol:

You gotta laugh... really.

If you're the type who stresses about TBs and gets hot under the collar if they go off piste you've just got to learn that TBs are strange creatures, travelling wild and free. Just sit back, watch and keep your fingers crossed that they survive.

Add your fun/maddening/strange TB travel stories here - But no whinging, please!

MrsB :)

I have so many Travel Bugs who's adventures I have enjoyed! Here are some of my favorites:

• Holland Bound Clog

* Somehow this TB has 10000 miles on it and it hasn't even come close to making a jump across the pond. My mission for it was to go to Holland, but, alas, it was not to be. It screwed up on geography class or something. HBC went from Minnesota to Texas, then back to Minnesota to go to Iowa, then back to Minnesota (It is not time to come home yet little bug! :lol:) to then go to Illinois, and then surprise, surprise, surprise it went down to Texas again! Then he toured the SE U.S. slowly heading east (Holland?) traveling to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. Then it came north to Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, and then back to Texas again. Does this TB realize that there is another side of the Ocean! I should have made this TB's goal to "visit all 50 states, and it wants to visit Minnesota 5 times and Texas 5 times individually!" :laughing: And now Holland Bound Clog has moved up to Pennsylvania. It hasn't gone anywhere near Holland, but it has had great travels.

• Spread the Word-By Car

* This TB made me grateful that TB owners do not receive 'dipped in" logs by emails! One cacher dipped it in 316 caches, which made it a pain to count up how many miles were put on by that person. :laughing: This Tb was placed in the world's oldest active cache, Mingo, which I thought was cool. Later in its life it traveled to Groundspeak HQ, and then it went missing from HQ. Ah well, it was fun to watch. :anibad:

• Jeg ønsker å gå til Norge geocoin

* I apologies for most likely butchering the Norwegian on this coin. This was one of my favorites. Its travels lasted only three months but it was very successful. I placed it in a cache to then be picked up by a friend, who moved it a couple miles. It was then picked up by a man from Belgium, who brought it home with him to Belgium. Then a Czech man picked it up and gave it to a Swede. The Swede gave it to another Swede who brought it close to the border. Then a couple more Swedes moved it and one gave it to a Norwegian who brought it to Norway. Within three months it made the hop, skip, and a jump across the pond. Now getting to come home is another matter. It went missing shortly after. :smile:

It is really special watching TBs. They bring so much joy when they move, and so much sadness when they die. Oh well! Will have fun reading other people's stories. :lol: