NEW 3D Geo-Fossil™ Trackables

The Lambs @ 9

NE Geocaching Supplies are very proud to announce the launch of their 3D trackable Geo-Fossils™

They will be available as Geo-Fossil Ammonites™ and Geo-Fossil Trilobites™

Each Geo-Fossil comes with a velvet cloth bag detailing our unique Geo-Fossil logo (in GOLD stamped foil) so that your Trackable can be easily identified when it is placed in a cache. Geo-Fossils also come with a laminated card detailing more information about your chosen product. The cards feature an internet link where you can learn more about the history of fossils and where they can be found.

All Geo-Fossils are Groundspeak approved and are trackable through geocaching.com and feature a unique Icon and GF prefix code.

It has taken several months to find the correct materials both for the Geo-Fossils and the cloth bags to enable them to be tactile enough to be handled and place in and on out of caches.

We hope you like them? Tell us what you think!

The Ammonites measure approx 40mm x 40mm

The Trilobites are measures approx 45mm x 30mm

In order to keep our Geo-Fossils as realistic as possible and with a texture similar to stone we have cast them in weather proof Resin rather than in metal.

All our Geo-Fossils are individually hand cast and polished in order to reflect the authenticity of natural Fossils therefore each Geo-Fossil is unique and individual but just like real Fossils there are slight differences in the size and thickness of the bed on which the fossil is cast. All our Geo-Fossils are inspected for quality before dispatching.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/542413_389712597758153_167815333281215_1111919_1730148191_n.jpg

Our unique Geo-Fossil icon

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/562252_389622441100502_167815333281215_1111788_664535274_n.jpg

We hope to be extending the range shortly with some more Fossil but matched with a silver Theme this time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221036068394?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221036086498?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Edited by The Lambs @ 9

That's a great pity. We wanted to make something unusual and out of the ordinary and tactile. Apparently we have a bit of a reputation with our unusual caches and just wanted our Trackables to be the same.

I like those, and also wouldn't let one out of my posession. They may not travel far in the wilds, but nobody places any very cool Geocoin. The coin remains with the owner.

I'd like a claw or tooth or vertebra, a much more rare fossil. The two you've shown are excellent, but something very unusual would be great. Even impressions.

I see they are accesssible from the regular ebay site, too.

Edited by kunarion

I'm going to get some, but they won't be released into the wild either. At a cost of close to $US20 each by the time they're landed I'm not willing to take the risk.

They look really, really cool!!! Great job.

A question about shipping costs - when buying more does combining shipping not start to drop? I noticed 2 of them costs twice the shipping - does it carry on like this the more you buy or is there a price break somewhere with the shipping?

Edited by keewee

That's a great pity. We wanted to make something unusual and out of the ordinary and tactile. Apparently we have a bit of a reputation with our unusual caches and just wanted our Trackables to be the same.

I like those, and also wouldn't let one out of my posession. They may not travel far in the wilds, but nobody places any very cool Geocoin. The coin remains with the owner.

I'd like a claw or tooth or vertebra, a much more rare fossil. The two you've shown are excellent, but something very unusual would be great. Even impressions.

I see they are accesssible from the regular ebay site, too.

We looked at a claw from a small raptor but we thought the matrix was to big for anything but larger cache boxes (they would have to be bigger than 5" square) the hunt is still on for a claw with a samller matrix!

At the moment we are looking at adding to the range with some Fossil Coral and a trace footprint from a small dinosaur which we hope to be doing in grey colour to match some new silver plaques we have planned.

We have also looked at a fossil shrimps and a sea urchin. As soon as we have a few more fossils cast will post them on the forum for comments

I'm going to get some, but they won't be released into the wild either. At a cost of close to $US20 each by the time they're landed I'm not willing to take the risk.

A question about shipping costs - when buying more does combining shipping not start to drop? I noticed 2 of them costs twice the shipping - does it carry on like this the more you buy or is there a price break somewhere with the shipping?

We have a sliding scale of charges our ebay site. We only charge an additional £0.35 per additional item in Europe and an additional £0.50 per item to the US and AUS. Our web site has a sliding scale for postal charges based on price 2 Geo-Fossils would be £3.25 to the UK, £5 to Europe and £5.50 to the US and AUS.

I am sorry but our hands are tied as the Royal Mail increased postal charges recently in some sectors by 60%.

We looked at a claw from a small raptor but we thought the matrix was to big for anything but larger cache boxes (they would have to be bigger than 5" square) the hunt is still on for a claw with a samller matrix!

Maybe a juvenile dinosaur claw would do. I've seen unhatched young fossilized in the egg, which would be incredibly cool. Here's a little turtle:

http://www.blackhawkfossils.com/Rare/t155.jpg

I think people will go nuts over the ones you already made. It's hard to resist buying one or two. :anicute:

We have a sliding scale of charges our ebay site. We only charge an additional £0.35 per additional item in Europe and an additional £0.50 per item to the US and AUS. Our web site has a sliding scale for postal charges based on price 2 Geo-Fossils would be £3.25 to the UK, £5 to Europe and £5.50 to the US and AUS.

I am sorry but our hands are tied as the Royal Mail increased postal charges recently in some sectors by 60%.

When I looked at ordering before it doubled the price of shipping when I went from 1 item to 2 items for shipping to New Zealand! (Should be the same as to Australia) (From £3.75 to £7.50 to get one of each)

So if I order 1 of each, will you refund the difference in shipping? Thanks.

Edited by keewee

When I looked at ordering before it doubled the price of shipping when I went from 1 item to 2 items for shipping to New Zealand! (Should be the same as to Australia) (From £3.75 to £7.50 to get one of each)

UPDATE - I did some testing...

If I order 1 item, the shipping is £3.75. If I order 2 of the same item it changes to £4.25 shipping. BUT, if I order 1 of each then the shipping changes to £7.00. So I think there is a fault in the shipping set up.

Edited by keewee

Maybe a juvenile dinosaur claw would do. I've seen unhatched young fossilized in the egg, which would be incredibly cool. Here's a little turtle:

http://www.blackhawkfossils.com/Rare/t155.jpg

I think people will go nuts over the ones you already made. It's hard to resist buying one or two. :anicute:

It took several months to find a suitable material that looked a close to natural stone as possible and be would be resistant to the weather. It also had to be tactile and not fragile. We wanted to try and keep the manufacturing in the UK rather then in the Far East unlike unlike the coins we have manufactured.

The Geo-Fossils are resin replicas of genuine fossils (details are on the Fossil inlay card). Lots of the Fossils we looked at we're not suitable for replication as they were too large which made the final retail price uneconomical.

We initially looked as using actual Fossils but because of the inclusions and faults in the natural rock we couldn't engrave them properly either with the engraving "pen"or with a laser. During the process we debated about with the size and in fact did have a dinosaur claw on the table at one point as we have said before but unfortunately it wasn't suitable. We are looking at extending the range and adding coral, trace fossils, other sea animals and possibly small bones but the difficulty is finding as suitable master which we can mould and still transfer the fine detail.

If I order 1 item, the shipping is £3.75. If I order 2 of the same item it changes to £4.25 shipping. BUT, if I order 1 of each then the shipping changes to £7.00. So I think there is a fault in the shipping set up.

Unfortunately this is due to the way eBay works as each item has to be under a separate listing therefore our hands are tied as we have to conform to eBays listing requirments. Please send us a message through the eBay system and we will see what we can do. They are for sale on our web site where you can "mix and match" without Postal issues.

Try this link:

NE Geocaching Supplies Geo-Fossils

Edited by The Lambs @ 9

Those look awesome! At $20 a piece it wouldn't leave my collection though. Have you seen the fossil geocoins by Tethy's C, he has some pretty cool ones too.

When will there be pricing and order information?

Yes we have. We looked at making ours out of metal (and similar materials) but we wanted to keep the retail cost below £9.00. Therefore they are cast in a weather resistant Resin and polished to look as natural as possible.

They are avaliable on an eBay link are at the top of the discussion topic.

This is a link to our retail site:

Edited by The Lambs @ 9

Unfortunately this is due to the way eBay works as each item has to be under a separate listing therefore our hands are tied as we have to conform to eBays listing requirments. Please send us a message through the eBay system and we will see what we can do. They are for sale on our web site where you can "mix and match" without Postal issues.

Try this link:

Awesome! Thanks for that link. It works out heaps better. :)

We are thinking of adding to the range of the Geo-Fossil and would appreciate any comment the forum members have on the following photograph and proposed Geo-Fossils.

Top Left Lithostrotion Coral (silver plaque on rear) 5cm x 3.5cm

Top Right Cheirotherium front paw print of carnivorous reptile (silver plaque on rear)5.5cm x 4cm

Bottom Left Phymosoma Coral (white plaque on rear) 4cm x 4cm

Bottom Right Ichthyosaur Tooth (silver plaque on rear) 5cm x 3cm

756e2d7d-b54f-4533-89f3-c6195933aba8.jpg

Edited by The Lambs @ 9

My thanks everyone for the feedback via the forum and our facebook page. As a result we have decided to go with the two designs shown in the photograph. The designs have now been authorised Groundspeak so we will be starting production soon. The new designs are slightly different and feature a grey Fossil with a silver plaque and a white Fossil with a white plaque.

1debfd8d-a39a-4ff1-b39d-01c20bb62635.jpg

Edited by The Lambs @ 9

Those look awesome! At $20 a piece it wouldn't leave my collection though. Have you seen the fossil geocoins by Tethy's C, he has some pretty cool ones too.

When will there be pricing and order information?

Hi they are avaliable from NE Geocaching Supplies

Geo-Fossil purchase page

They are priced at UK£7.99 each (Approx US$12.50). We've tried to keep the cost down to level that is affordable to all.

Alternatively they are listed on ebay under the username ne_geocaching_supplies.

Thanks

Edited by The Lambs @ 9