Trackables Milage

bwghost

Souvenirs are awarded for accomplishments when cachers have achieved certain goals. You just dropped a TB, looked up it's milage 10,825 miles. Curious you look up the owners page and check out their souveirs. You see one thanking the cachers for moving one of their trackables over the 10,000 mile mark. A smile comes over your face and you think yep I helped in this coins travels. Some trackables have thousands of miles from country to country would be nice to have some kind of tribute to those cachers who have helped move these TB's,coins,tags etc. huge distances. A souvenir set up for this acknowledgement might be a good thing, so your thoughts on this, who knows maybe in the future it will happen, thanks for your time.

Souvenirs are awarded for accomplishments when cachers have achieved certain goals. You just dropped a TB, looked up it's milage 10,825 miles. Curious you look up the owners page and check out their souveirs. You see one thanking the cachers for moving one of their trackables over the 10,000 mile mark. A smile comes over your face and you think yep I helped in this coins travels. Some trackables have thousands of miles from country to country would be nice to have some kind of tribute to those cachers who have helped move these TB's,coins,tags etc. huge distances. A souvenir set up for this acknowledgement might be a good thing, so your thoughts on this, who knows maybe in the future it will happen, thanks for your time.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you suggesting that if someone moves a trackable over 10,000 miles they should get a souvenir, or would you count cumulative miles for multiple trackable items. This I see with this is that someone will grab a TB the hold onto it, moving it from cache to cache, until they reach the necessarily mileage to get the souvenir.

There is a cacher that picked up one of my TBs a few years ago that claims to have moved 23,000 trackable items for a total over over 28 million miles.

A few years ago I moved three TBs about 16,300 miles on one trip involving only four caches.

Groundspeak hasn't done anything with souvenirs for a couple of years other than creating a few for mega events and the Leap Day souvenir. If they're going to do anything more with them I'd prefer that they started releasing more country based souvenirs.

Souvenirs are awarded for accomplishments when cachers have achieved certain goals.

Not from what I've seen. The list of released souvenirs shows that the currently awarded souvenirs are based on regions, specific dates, or specific events/caches. None of them are based on accomplishments. As far as adding souvenirs for accomplishments, I agree with NYPC that I'd prefer to have the rest of the regional souvenirs be released first. I have a feeling, though, that souvenirs will go the way of the dodo. They've been essentially on hold for quite a while now.

Thanks for the replies and yes I can see this would be a problem, Didn't really think it out just threw it out there on the request of Groundspeak they also informed me they have no future plans for any new souveniors as you noticed. Ok so lets try for strike 2, you never know till you ask, your thoughts on having counters on members pages to let you know how many people have visted. Thanks again for your responses, cheers and take care

Edited by bwghost