help on a geocaching crossword puzzle

Hey guys! I'm doing a crossword puzzle for geocachers to solve a puzzle cache.

Does anyone know a 6 letter word that ends in M for "Log book too full to sign"?

The crossword puzzle is full of slang, so maybe there's a term I'm not familiar with? Or I'm just feeling dense today. (I hate crossword puzzles.) The last letter has to be M--"multicache" fits in the last square going down.

Hey guys! I'm doing a crossword puzzle for geocachers to solve a puzzle cache.

Does anyone know a 6 letter word that ends in M for "Log book too full to sign"?

The crossword puzzle is full of slang, so maybe there's a term I'm not familiar with? Or I'm just feeling dense today. (I hate crossword puzzles.) The last letter has to be M--"multicache" fits in the last square going down.

It is considered bad form to ask for help soling puzzle caches on the forums. Contact The Cat and ask them for help. If that's the only one you're missing then they may be able to offer a hint to help you along.

You're kidding?! It's a 42 question crossword and I still have to do the math once I get this finished. This is by no means posting a spoiler to a puzzle, just looking for a slang word.

AND I didn't say what puzzle cache I'm working on, so how much snooping did you just do to find the cache owner's name? That's a little creepy. :blink:

AND I didn't say what puzzle cache I'm working on, so how much snooping did you just do to find the cache owner's name? That's a little creepy. :blink:

No, but you did quote something verbatim from the cache page. A single copy-and-paste into Google quickly gave me the cache in question. Very little snooping required when we're provided with a piece of the cache page.

When I first read the original post I couldn't tell if you were creating a puzzle or solving a puzzle. I looked at your public account and looked at the nearest puzzle caches. It took a couple minutes. A spoiler is a spoiler is a spoiler. Sorry if you found my basic detective work a little creepy (but it has come in handy on quite a few puzzles).

Awwww, sorry I over reacted. I'd been banging my head against the wall over this crossword all afternoon (I have a 5 year old who loves to constantly interrupt my thinking, that doesn't help).

When I read the response it overly annoyed me that someone would take the time to see what I'm working on, then come back to say, hmmmmm, nope not gonna help. Sorry to get snippy. This forum is full of so many helpful people, I was just surprised.

I got the puzzle worked out with just 3 blanks. Though it's not solved perfectly enough for the puzzle checker to approve, I played around with the coords and I'm most likely close enough to go look for it. If I turn up empty handed, I'll go back for a hint from the CO.

Edited by stldenise

Here's something helpful I found if anyone else finds crosswords headache inducing...I found a site called oneacross that helps solve crossword questions. Its not much help for geoslang, but if it's a regular word it's good. You type in the clue, the numbers of letters, what letters you've figured out and it searches for possible answers.

I now have this puzzle solved with just one blank, so I think I can muscle through the math portion. Or, you know, bug the CO. :rolleyes: