Anyone up for a Pet Mission?

CCWelch

I want to apologize to whomever sent my pet mission. We left home on a six-week caching road trip on July 23rd and the mission had not arrived by the time we left. It has since arrived, but the person who is housesitting for me is getting my mail, but not opening it. So....I don't know who the package is from and won't be able to thank you appropriately or post any pics until we arrive back home on Sept 3rd (after attending the Block Party this weekend!).

So...thanks in advance and I will definitely post when we return home!

I am now in a similar position but slightly worse... I leave for China in two days and I do not have anyone house-sitting for me. I do have someone popping in but if I am not there the postie will leave a card - my passport will be needed to get the parcel from the post office and of course I will need my passport with me :(

I will be away for 3 weeks and have no idea how long they keep post in Spain before taking action on it - I also have no idea what action they will take... eek!

I am now in a similar position but slightly worse... I leave for China in two days and I do not have anyone house-sitting for me. I do have someone popping in but if I am not there the postie will leave a card - my passport will be needed to get the parcel from the post office and of course I will need my passport with me :(

I will be away for 3 weeks and have no idea how long they keep post in Spain before taking action on it - I also have no idea what action they will take... eek!

This may spoil the surprise, but I'm the one who sent the mission to you & Charlie, so I'm beginning to worry, too! I'll email you & see if we can think of anything to do to check on it. Shipping it internationally, I didn't set it up to be tracked, although I did ask for, & receive, verification of your address format before I mailed it. I really hope you get it, because it contains a particular LE coin I think you'd love, that I can't duplicate. Fingers crossed!

Hi Everyone!

I got Vivian's package in the mail on Friday! Unfortunately, I had a little accident at work that same day so I wasn't able to post sooner. I have been laid up on the couch for 5 days now!

Vivian got a cool toy, a really cute heart shaped holder for her potty bags and a big rawhide bone (which is already gone :) I got a really nice looking geocoin and a pathtag. I'm stuck on the couch with ice wrapped around my foot but I did manage to get a picture of Vivian with her new toy next to me on the couch. I'll post more later when I can get around. :)

We really loved the package...the only thing is...I don't know who sent it. There was no return name or address and the postage stamp was hard to read. :(

Anyway here is a couple pics of Vivian :)

IMG_20120821_184250.jpg

Viv1.jpg

Hi Buka2, It was actually me who sent yours :) I thought you might have guessed when you got it as the pathtag is a Spanish one lol. I am glad that Vivian likes her gifts and thankful that it finally turned up!

Hope your foot gets better soon :)

Goldbuggirl - I'll reply to your email hun....

Thank you Smurfinator! I started to look up the pathtag but I didn't have my glasses on. They were all the way across the room and no one was home to get them for me! :)

Vivian loved her gifts and I loved the coin and pathtag. :)

The foot is getting a little better. I'm hoping I can put a shoe on by the weekend so I can go Geocaching! I'm going crazy and Vivian is going crazy poor girl. :)

I am new to Geocaching. I'm going it alone. I do have a Pug who goes with me. I have ordered a "log my dog" tag but don't know what to do with it. Do I set up a profile for him? Do people acknowledge that they "found "him? What? Help. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the game! The first thing you will need to do is "activate" your log my dog tag. You do this by:

On the main geocaching page, go to "Play" on the top green bar.

Then go to "Find Trackables"

In the middle of that page, you will see a box to enter your log my dog tag's trackable number in the the "activate trackable" box.

Once you enter the number and hit "activate," you will be asked to enter your activation code (it should have come with your tag).

Once you enter the info, you can then put in the date and place you activated the tag.

You can also go to the trackable's page (once it is activated) and include any information you would like about your pug, including a picture or whatever!

Yes, people do log those tags on dogs as "found." You will see that happen more often if you and the pug go to events where there are other cachers or sometimes if you run into cachers on the trail and let them know he has a trackable tag.

Looking in your area for upcoming events to attend is a really good way to meet other cachers...maybe make some new friends to cache with!

If you need more help, please email me and I will be glad to help!

Happy Caching!

The mission I sent to thesmurfinator was returned to me today....the "no retirado" box was checked, & an arrow was drawn to my return address. I'm glad it's all intact, I'll ship it out again when I've confirmed with thesmurfinator that she's home again from China. Whew!

GoldBugGirl, thank you for being such a trooper in this, it is the first time I have run a mission with such strange things happening...must be the weather???

CC.