The New Cache Submission Form Hates Me

I've been knocking around this web site for nearly nine years. A little while ago I was going to post a link for a newbie who needs help to find the cache submission form. I thought I would track down and check out the new BETA submission form, and link to that. It's horrible. I finally just gave up. I hope someone answers the newbies question. And I now dread the day I get the urge to submit a new cache myself. I never had any trouble with the old form. Now we have this. Did we farm the programming out to the IRS?

I've been knocking around this web site for nearly nine years. A little while ago I was going to post a link for a newbie who needs help to find the cache submission form. I thought I would track down and check out the new BETA submission form, and link to that. It's horrible. I finally just gave up. I hope someone answers the newbies question. And I now dread the day I get the urge to submit a new cache myself. I never had any trouble with the old form. Now we have this. Did we farm the programming out to the IRS?

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. The new form is to make it easy for newbies to submit a cache for review. It's the Turbo Tax of cache submission, taking you by the hand and leading you step by step to the promised land of a published cache. Just think how much nicer and how much more friendly that is than the old monolithic form with the "is this cache already in place?" question buried somewhere in the text of the page where it is over looked and generating major angst for newbies that don't check it. Isn't it nice that Groundspeak is looking out for us and making cache submission such a wonderful and pleasant experience?

Edited by jholly

The cache submission page needs an EXPERT mode.

I've hidden over 200 caches, but I still like the new setup. The old one always defaults to my home state, I live within an hour of four states! I always have to go back and check every time. I also like that attributes are built in so I don't need to hunt them down next.

The D/T and size could use some work...

I love the form because for someone with little to no experience it lays things out in a clear manner and is less threatening. Plus it reminds COs about disabled caches. Plus you have to check a little box to add a hint (which will hopefully cut down on the useless hints). I have gotten used to the large form and may use that more than the current BETA version for now. The great thing is right now you can use either.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. The new form is to make it easy for newbies to submit a cache for review. It's the Turbo Tax of cache submission, taking you by the hand and leading you step by step to the promised land of a published cache.

Works just like a GPS?

Its a good thing they fixed it... we'd never have been able to get 1,765,545 caches published with the old form!

I love the form because for someone with little to no experience it lays things out in a clear manner and is less threatening. Plus it reminds COs about disabled caches. Plus you have to check a little box to add a hint (which will hopefully cut down on the useless hints). I have gotten used to the large form and may use that more than the current BETA version for now. The great thing is right now you can use either.

... both of which could EASILY have been added to the old submission form.

"Someone with little to no experience" should actually READ the forms they are filling out. I still read them every time. I never had any problem with them. Even when they changed the ENABLED default, I read it and adjusted. "See Spot Run" is not rocket science.

Of all the times I have filled out that form I have, to the best of my recollection, never been threatened. All in all I think it has been a well behaved form.

Of all the times I have filled out that form I have, to the best of my recollection, never been threatened. All in all I think it has been a well behaved form.

I've never been threatened, but I have had my wrists slapped and told to stand in the corner a couple of times....

--Larry