FTF Count

jeffheif1

I think counting your FTF's is important to any geocacher [and would promote users to buy premium accounts in order to get more FTF's].

First, when you log a cache, there would be a check-box right next to the "add favorite point," "encrypt this log," and "Add a coordinate to this log" checkboxes on the log page. You would click this box if you are FTF, and it would send a notification to the cache owner to choose FTF's for the cache. The cache owner would then go to the cache's page and see little check boxes next to everyone's logs so the CO can read through the logs and see who the first person [our group of people] found the cache, and check them off. Now the FTF's are accounted for.

I don't think this would be too difficult to implement, but it would make cachers happy, and promote premium accounts

I think counting your FTF's is important to any geocacher [and would promote users to buy premium accounts in order to get more FTF's].

First, when you log a cache, there would be a check-box right next to the "add favorite point," "encrypt this log," and "Add a coordinate to this log" checkboxes on the log page. You would click this box if you are FTF, and it would send a notification to the cache owner to choose FTF's for the cache. The cache owner would then go to the cache's page and see little check boxes next to everyone's logs so the CO can read through the logs and see who the first person [our group of people] found the cache, and check them off. Now the FTF's are accounted for.

I don't think this would be too difficult to implement, but it would make cachers happy, and promote premium accounts

FTF is something that some geocachers take seriously. In some cases, WAY TO SERIOUSLY. It is not officially recognized. It should remain totally unofficial and be at best an occasional diversion. They are not important to me. Implementation of your suggestion would not make me happy.

One problem with the checkbox suggestion, is that some cachers do not log online....... so, how would the checkbox work in that case? A second finder is still the second finder, online log or not.

A secondary problem would be that the suggestion promotes the first online logger to be FTF, assuming that all would log online.

FTF is an unofficial "side game". It should (and probably will) stay that way. I do not believe that Groundspeak would have any interest in being a referee in the multitude of FTF debates and arguments that occur.

I think counting your FTF's is important to any geocacher
Clearly, you don't know some of the geocachers that I know.

What happens when the CO refuses to choose the FTF(s), or when the CO chooses the "wrong" FTF(s)?

:drama: