Cache challenge question

I was thinking of doing a big Multi chace. I got this idea when I had a geocoin in my pocket and I logged miles before I set it free. I picked it up in Spokane, brought it to Moscow, ID, back to Spokane, east to Coeur d'Alene, ID, and then back to Spokane, and set it free.

When I looked at the geocoin map, it looked like two points of a star.

So I had an idea to have a multi cache to make a complete star. But if you had a tb logging miles, they would'nt show up on the map (all the way points are 50+ miles from Spokane). So I decided to make it a challenge and hide them in a series. If you had a dedicated travel bug to log the miles, when it's all complete (in Order), a star would be drawn around Spokane.

With the final being a "bonus" puzzle cache.

I'm still in the planning stages. I've never set up a cache challenge, and I'm still on my way of completing my first cache challenge (100 days in a row).

Any ideas to concrete the idea? Or does it sound like a good plan?

Or should I just do it as a series with a code, so it wouldn't really matter to do it in order?

I figured calling it a "challenge" because it wouln't be easy to be done in a weekend.

Edited by gustav129

I would not call it a "challenge" except maybe in the dictionary sense. As a person who enjoys the unknown challenge caches (as opposed to the virtual challenges), I define them as having to find a number of caches based on criteria that involve caches of your choosing to some level (unless its a blackout kind of cache).

100 stars = find caches that up to 100 stars of the caches out there

Fizzy = find all 81 diff/terr combos of the caches out there

alphabet = find 26 different caches with each letter of the alphabet

etc etc

as you see, none of those would force you to use one particular CO or group of collaborating COs (like the PEACE puzzle in our area)

If one had to find a number of your caches before hand, that would be a series, not a "challenge".

If you called it a challenge and the final was listed in Washington, I would not it to my challenge bookmark for the state. Does not mean its not a good cache, its just not a "challenge" by my understanding of the definition. Hope that helps.

Edited by lamoracke

I'm still in the planning stages. I've never set up a cache challenge, and I'm still on my way of completing my first cache challenge (100 days in a row)....

I figured calling it a "challenge" because it wouln't be easy to be done in a weekend.

Challenge caches have quite specific guidelines. Simply being difficult isn't sufficient to make it a challenge cache.

Here's one guideline that might cause a problem for you:

Challenge caches based on a specific list of caches, such as caches placed by a specific person or group, will generally not be published.