Print logs off internet?

tracou

Quick question... can I print logs off the internet on just regular printing paper? I want to put some "spares" in my little Geoaide kit for when I'm out searching and I come across a log that's full and needs to be replaced. I know I can order them online pretty cheap, but in the interim for the micros can I just use regular paper to print a log on and put it in the cache if I find that it's full?

Yes, you can print log sheets on regular paper. My experience with inkjet printers is that the ink runs when the paper gets damp. Laser printers don't have that problem.

I print log sheets on weatherproof paper, but that's because I bought a box online several years ago and still have most of it left.

uh....

right off of the middle of the top of that page, not even in fine print,

"Please do not host these geocache log sheets on another site or link directly to them."

Uhh, what's the problem? Lieblweb didn't link directly to any of them, but rather to the page.

I'm not sure if you're being a smart-aleck or if you are just quoting fact.

It is true it is not clear on that page.

I emailed him to ask clarification. Perhaps it is just to the actual logs sheets themselves.

and yes, you would just add a sheet, rather than replacing, since the cache owner may wish to see the signatures.

If the container is too small to fit two log sheets (which happens) you can either just write a "needs maintenance" note, or save the log sheet and email the owner and ask if they would like it mailed to them. Some people will take photos of it and send those to the cache owner.

I've done it both of the first two ways. It depends on the situation.

Most caches you can just add paper though.

and yes, you would just add a sheet, rather than replacing, since the cache owner may wish to see the signatures.

If the container is too small to fit two log sheets (which happens) you can either just write a "needs maintenance" note, or save the log sheet and email the owner and ask if they would like it mailed to them. Some people will take photos of it and send those to the cache owner.

I've done it both of the first two ways. It depends on the situation.

Most caches you can just add paper though.

I did print them off the internet and when we recently came across a couple that had full logs we added a new one.. when I said "replace" I didn't mean to actually remove the log that was already in there.. just to add a new one so people could still log their finds. I would definitely never remove a log from a cache without the CO's permission. If it was full and there was no room left in the cache to add a new one, then it would make perfect sense to send a maintenance request to the CO and have them take care of it.

Uhh, what's the problem? Lieblweb didn't link directly to any of them, but rather to the page.

I'm not sure if you're being a smart-aleck or if you are just quoting fact.

It is true it is not clear on that page.

I emailed him to ask clarification. Perhaps it is just to the actual logs sheets themselves.

Of course it means to the actual log sheet PDFs themselves. If people couldn't link to the PDFs, link to the page, or host the PDFs on another site, the logs would be completely useless.