Use a trackable for yourself?

J&WHEBB

Today I was out and about and was "found" by another Geocashing enthusiast. I was asked if I had a trackable number he could use to post that he found me. How does this work. Do I just buy a normal trackable and then say put it on my key chain instead of placing it in a cache to travel. Or is there a personal number you can get for yourself?

jwhebb

Today I was out and about and was "found" by another Geocashing enthusiast. I was asked if I had a trackable number he could use to post that he found me. How does this work. Do I just buy a normal trackable and then say put it on my key chain instead of placing it in a cache to travel. Or is there a personal number you can get for yourself?

jwhebb

This in mine: http://coord.info/TB482M8. I "dip it" in the caches I like and milestone events. I will take it to events with me to be discovered, and take it home at the end of the day.

You can carry a TB dog tag, a coin or what ever.

I have a trackable hiking staff. So do a few others around here. Some folks wear trackable name tags at events. Some attache TB tags or trackable patches to hats or other clothing.

But you should really show your devotion (obsession) by getting the tattoo.

For many of us who remember the Holocaust (or have met people with numbers tattooed on their arms), this is really tough.

I have a geocoin on my keyring. I log it through all the caches I find. Sometimes, I even remember to show it to cachers that I meet. (Though the number is becoming illegible.) If you meet me on the hunt, ask me, and I'll show it to you. Headed home from my niece's wedding in Maine, we stopped for some caches near where we used to spend our summer vacations in upstate NY. CO saw us looking, and stopped by to help. (He rpelaced the missing cache...) He had a TB on his truck. We showed him ours. I cannot find his TB number, and he never logged ours. Oh, well.