Tracking travel bug

tomcatt_uk

Good day to all

Can any one help me PLEASE. I have 3 travel bugs, one for each of my son's, I would like to know how to track them useing my android phone (HTC Desire S)I have the geocaching app installed. The travel bugs show up when i have hold of them, but as soon as another geocacher picks them up and moves them on, I can not track them useing my phone,I have to wait untill I can sign in useing a computer.

thanks in advance for any help

Paul

tomcatt_uk

I thought the "advantage" of using a smart phone was the ability to go online and be realtime with geocaching.com, instead of waiting to access a computer.

Just as with a computer, check the TB page (through your profile) to see what movement has occurred.

So far, all three have been picked up (by a single user) and moved to another cache 2.77 miles away from the first.

If you mean being able to track it while in transit between placements (or visits), no.... that isn't gonna happen, regardless of phone or computer use. The website functions with coordinates of known locations (published caches).

.....unless I misunderstood the question.

The Geocaching app is not of use for this purpose.

As mentioned above, you could make a bookmark in your browser to go directly to the TB's pages.

If you have eMail on the phone (or can access it somehow) you will get the logs of people logging them. These logs should include links to the TB pages, and to the cache pages where they are being dropped.