Oregon 450 Share Wirelessly?

Why would you take two GPS's out. If you get the 550 sell the 450 for a few bucks to help pay for the upgrade.

Also I think it only transmits basic info. Not hints, description, etc.

The Oregon 300 only sends coordinates for Geocaches, the 450 & 550 send the complete cache info with description, hint & logs.

Walts Hunting,

The reasoning behind two units is because TeamPennyFinder is a team. My grand daughter is part of the team and she would like to do more than look once we arrive at GZ. She is bonkers for geocaching and wants to use a GPS like my current one (the 450) with the map and the whole nine yards.

I am looking at the Oregon 550 because it also has a camera function, that would let me not have to carry a camera when we go and is also one less thing to plug into the PC to get pictures off of. That would be easiest for me. Then she would be able to use the 450 when we have her. :)

BUT, it may turn out to be a pipe dream as the 550 is so very expensive. I may have to just back off and settle for a Magellon GC (for her to use) or something like that. But she wants the electronic compass. She is mature for her age but still does not grasp that grandpa and grandma does not have a money tree growing in the back yard. **sigh**