Error when REACTIVATING Lost Geocoin

kenas

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me!!! I lost a geocoin that was found in a cache almost 2 years ago and I just found it in our home when doing some cleaning. Today when I tried to activate it again I marked it as "Discovered", when I should have marked it as "Retrieved from another location" since it had since been removed from the original cache where it was found. So, today I dropped it in another cache, but was unable to record my drop as it was not listed in my inventory. What do I do now??? I've emailed the coin owner to see what he can do, or provide me with the tracking code so that I can fix my mistake. Any other suggestions?

I would apologize profusely for losing the owner's coin and then giving him/her the good news you found it .... and lost it again. Except this time you know where it is but it's just not logged in to where it is. You can inform the owner where the cache is and include the cache's geocode or waypoint so they can drop it there themselves or you can request them to give you the tracking number so you can log it correctly. With 2 strikes against you they may just choose to wait for someone to pick it up and log it in correctly while all the time thanking you for resurrecting it from the grave.