[MY FEELING] - Missing Old Feedback System

ATXTracker

I labeled this as a 'feeling' rather than a suggestion since I know it has been declined several times. As a passionate geocacher, and I believe in providing feedback, even if it is repetitive. I mean no disrespect and only want to share in a constructive manner.

It has been a while since the removal of the UserVoice feedback system. I've tried to get use to the forum feedback board and I'm having a hard time. It is harder to browse the ideas, see what others are thinking, and see what Groundspeak is planning in the way of cool new features. The search doesn't work as well, and all the sorting, ranking, and status is missing. Yes, some of this is available by reading titles, and the bodies of all the threads, but it's more difficult.

I won't bother to speculate as to why they took it down, but I'll just say I miss it. It was a superior system for engaging the community to provide quality feedback.

Even if all my ideas are marked 'declined,' it was better than the forums. I feel now like I'm jotting down notes on post-its and cramming them in an already full mail slot, to be covered over with everyone else entries in a few days, never to be seen again.

I am a big Groundspeak fan, which is why I continue to cache and provide honest feedback

Happy Caching,

John

I won't bother to speculate as to why they took it down, but I'll just say I miss it. It was a superior system for engaging the community to provide quality feedback.

You don't need to, they set up a page explaining the whole thing.

It doesn't make a difference to me either way. Ideas are still posted and read. Some are good, some are bad, but only a few are implemented.

I was wondering the same thing but I can't find this page that is "explaining the whole thing." Can you tell us where to find it, please?

I was wondering the same thing but I can't find this page that is "explaining the whole thing." Can you tell us where to find it, please?

Here. To be honest, I'm not sure if there's still anywhere that links to it. I just remembered the URL off the top of my head.

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, there are lots of words in the article, but it never really clearly explains why they got rid of UserVoice.

It sounds like maybe too many suggestions were coming in using the UserVoice and rather than just implement the most popular changes, they decided to just get rid of the entire system?

Edited by GrnXnham
It sounds like maybe too many suggestions were coming in using the UserVoice and rather than just implement the most popular changes, they decided to just get rid of the entire system?
That ("just implement the most popular changes") is the kind of user expectation that was the problem with the UserVoice system.