search: what i want

flask

what i want is to be able to have the default setting from my cache page search excluding caches i've placed and caches i've found.

would it be possible to give us choice of default state? i hate having to set it up every time. well, maybe hate is a strong word. but i'm at least annoyed, and as long as we're all making our wishlists...

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

So, you aren't talking about the 'filter finds' option in your My Cache Page search, but when you do *any* new search, you would rather have the checkbox pre-checked for you. Is that what you are asking for?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

So, you aren't talking about the 'filter finds' option in your My Cache Page search, but when you do *any* new search, you would rather have the checkbox pre-checked for you. Is that what you are asking for?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

yes, in as much as i understand the question. i'd like the option to pre-check it or not as a set preference. i'm guessing that it's possible.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

It's possible, but I need to figure out a way I can make the change and not get a new post that says...

"Why do I always have to uncheck the box before I can see the caches that I have hidden/found?"

I could, for example, add a session value so when you use the checkbox it remembers for the entire session, but I think its better to be a login-specific function.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location