Newbie has question about Logs

spiritwolf922

I'm brand new at this... I found my first geocache today and put a tracking bug in the container and signed the log before putting it back in its hiding spot. When I got back to the office, I went online to make a note that I'd found the cache. After posting my comments, I looked at the post online and saw... just my own post. I thought the idea behind this was to see what others had written about the cache after finding it. Kind of like Where's George or Bookcrossing. Am I missing something or do I just not know how to look up these things?

If you click on the geocache page you can see ALL the logs for that cache: Found It logs, Did Not Find It logs, Notes, Owner Maintenance, Disabled logs, etc.

Same with the Travel Bug: you can see ALL logs on the travel bug, not just your own.

If you are looking at logs from your profile, then you will only see your own.

The comments from the other cachers are there. You just need to know where to look. When you first enter the home page, you can either click on "Geocaches" or on your own name in the upper right. Either one will show you the logs you've entered for your most recent finds. If you then click on the blue words of the title of that cache, you will be brought to the cache page and there you will see all of the other logs from previous finders. Feel free to explore the site and look around. You mention that you dropped in a trackable, but it isn't showing on the cache page. You may want to log it in so the that the owner will know where it is. Check out this link, esepcially the part about trackables: http://www.geocaching.com/guide/default.aspx Lots of good general info there. Feel free to ask more questions here too. And above all, have fun!

Your log is fine.

HOWEVER -- you did not properly log the trackable into the cache!

Return to the cache page, and post a 'note' log relating that you forgot to log the trackable. Then, near the bottom of that page, use the drop-down to place the item (virtually) in the cache.

Be careful and log the CORRECT one.... you have multiples in-hand.

Your log is fine.

HOWEVER -- you did not properly log the trackable into the cache!

Return to the cache page, and post a 'note' log relating that you forgot to log the trackable. Then, near the bottom of that page, use the drop-down to place the item (virtually) in the cache.

Be careful and log the CORRECT one.... you have multiples in-hand.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I went back and scrolled down to find the older logged information. And I went back to the travel bug and "placed" it in the cache online. I appreciate your help!