Deleting a waymark

I recently was contacted by the Australian Trig Points category who revised and denied 2 old waymark submissions (2+ years) and advised I should recreate these under the Aust/NZ Benchmarks category.

I recreated the waymarks in the new category, advised the waymarkers who had logged visits that they had changed and was able to delete one of the old waymarks with no problem.

The second waymark (WM7DTK - Mt Brown, Beeliar Regional Park, Wattleup, WA) did not give me the option to "Delete Waymark".

Can anyone tell me how I can delete this submission?

Thanks

I recently was contacted by the Australian Trig Points category who revised and denied 2 old waymark submissions (2+ years) and advised I should recreate these under the Aust/NZ Benchmarks category.

I recreated the waymarks in the new category, advised the waymarkers who had logged visits that they had changed and was able to delete one of the old waymarks with no problem.

The second waymark (WM7DTK - Mt Brown, Beeliar Regional Park, Wattleup, WA) did not give me the option to "Delete Waymark".

Thanks

Did the other one you deleted have visits posted to it? Just wondering if it is because this one already has visits if that is why you can not delete it.

Thanks

Did the other one you deleted have visits posted to it? Just wondering if it is because this one already has visits if that is why you can not delete it.

Yes surprisingly it had 1 visit but deleted fine. The one I can't delete had 3 visits. I can't work it out.

Can you just edit/change category, resubmit to the new category, and the visits will remain? I have no idea... I'm just asking!

It sure bothers me that a waymark is denied TWO years after it was accepted. I would think it would be grandfathered in after all that time.

Good thinking 99..! When I first tried to change the category it popped up with a message saying something like "You'll lose all data .. etc" so I didn't try it.

I gave it a go (since I'd recreated it now anyway) and just changed the category and submitted. Sure enough it moved to the new category with all the visits intact.

Fortunately I'm the leader at Aust/NZ benchmarks so so was able to delete the extra one I'd created and it's all good.

As for it being denied.. I am cool with it because at the time Aust/NZ benchmarks category didn't exist (and honestly its a better fit for that category).

Thanks for your help.

"Lose all data" means additional fields and variables. They are different for each category. The common data set (title, coordinates, country/state, short and long description and pictures) stay intact, I guess. I have not done it myself yet.