Booking a room from the link on a cache page

busterbabes

I recently booked a 4 night stay in a hotel by using the "nearest hotels" link on a cache page. First time I ever used this feature, and thought it was a good feature on GS. After paying for my room, I received e-mail from a travel agency with instructions for me to print out...

GUEST INSTRUCTIONS:

# Please print this and present it to the front desk person when you check in.

# You have already paid our company for this reservation at the time of booking.

# The hotel should not charge you for room and tax, only incidentals.

# If you are charged by the hotel for room and tax, please contact our company immediately at 888-635-0606.

HOTEL INSTRUCTIONS:

# Do not charge the guest for this reservation; charge the MasterCard that came through the GDS with this reservation for room and tax. This is the MasterCard belonging to the Tour Operator.

# Please create a separate folio for the guest incidentals, the guest should be charged for their incidentals.

# All additional changes to reservations must be made by tour operator directly.

# To cancel this reservation, please contact the tour operator.

To me this is just "shady". Not to mention It cost me 10$ more than it would have if I had actually went to the official hotel site and booked my room. (I learned that later)

I think GS should have a disclaimer about using a third party when booking lodgings.

On every cache page under the hint field is

Find...

caches

caches

caches

waymarks

benchmarks

hotels <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I've booked this way once. I don't recall being billed in full at the time of booking, but it wasn't best price.

Typically best price will be direct from the hotel website, and not through any 3rd party (same thing for airfare, and car rental).