Is there a method to check if a user has a specific item?

ggggeo2

I am using Earwigo and can't figure out if there is a way to set an expression where a player has a certain item. I know I can set a Flag variable to true or false depending on whether they have it or not, but is there a way to quickly say Player has ItemX == True ? I have searched the message boards but not turned anything up yet.

Thanks,

George

In Earwigo you could create the following expression

Contains Player: contains Item Shovel

That's what you need.

What would be the urwigo version?

I tried doing a compare between the playeritems and the specific items, but it did not work, I guess it might be because there is other items on the player items list. What would be the best way to do it? (For now I made my way around it by completing a task when the item is moved to the player and then check that the task is complete).

Andouille

Edited by andouille

I tried doing a compare between the playeritems and the specific items, but it did not work, I guess it might be because there is other items on the player items list. What would be the best way to do it? (For now I made my way around it by completing a task when the item is moved to the player and then check that the task is complete).

Andouille

Do you mean something like that ?

post-3481440-012617300 1331754162_thumb.jpg

Andouille

Do you mean something like that ?

YES! Thank you very much! I will correct my work around this issue and put it just like that! :) It will not make a huge difference for the user, but I like better coding! :)