Shifting Coordinates

ScoutDadNC

I have a geocache that I placed a few months ago (less than 3 months ago). It is a concept like those that I have seen in another nearby town. They are easy grabs. Mostly LPC's. Now I have found another spot to put one that I think would be a good spot for a quality cache. Unfortunatly, due to the .10 mile rule they would be too close. I was thinking about shifting the LPC to another location, which would allow me to place the new cache. The New LPC would still be within .10 miles of the original location.

Here are some details.

Old placment shift to new is a 53 meter shift.

This allows the use of a wooded area, but not all of it. Can I do this or should I just wait a few more months and archive the old one, redux it in a completely new area, and use the woods to the fullest extent.

Old placment shift to new is a 53 meter shift.

From what I understand, you're free to edit your cache listing page's location (via an "Update Coordinates" log entry) up to 161 metres. Anything over that will require the assistance of your local reviewer.

Make sure this move doesn't bring your relocated cache within 161 metres of another cache. I believe the system automatically will notify your reviewer about your move, and they probably will also check for proximity issues.

Edited by CanadianRockies

How about simply removing the LPC? Aren't there enough of those to go around already?

Because maybe he would like to put out the new better cache but in a previous thread was told archiving a newer cache is frowned upon until it has been out for 3 months?

How about simply removing the LPC? Aren't there enough of those to go around already?

Because maybe he would like to put out the new better cache but in a previous thread was told archiving a newer cache is frowned upon until it has been out for 3 months?

I suspect most reviewers would be understanding if the situation was explained.

Edited by knowschad