Garmin 60csx

Hello, I have been caching for a couple years and at the time when I bought my Garmin 60csx it was one of the best to get, or top dog if you will. I'm just wondering in two years if it is now obsolete or is it still considered top dog? I'm NOT at all considering getting another one I absolutely love it, just curious is all. what gps do you cache with?

Cheers

I still feel the 60Cx/SCx is the gold standard hand held mapping unit. Although I've moved up to the Colorado and 62s I still highly regard the trusty units.

You can't find a significantly more ACCURATE unit, but bells and whistles on newer Garmin handhelds might be a reason to upgrade. I like the KMZ raster map support, and if you cache there are the paperless and wireless features.

I still feel the 60Cx/SCx is the gold standard hand held mapping unit. Although I've moved up to the Colorado and 62s I still highly regard the trusty units.

I just looked at the 62 s and it looks very nice! looks very similar to my 60 csx, how long ago did that come out? do you know when the Garmin 60csx came out?

love my Garmin 60 CSx a lot just a great GPS!

I just looked at the 62 s and it looks very nice! looks very similar to my 60 csx, how long ago did that come out? do you know when the Garmin 60csx came out?

love my Garmin 60 CSx a lot just a great GPS!

I think it's about a year and a half old now. One thing to watch out for, it has an antenna and usb port, but no serial port. Also missing that nice little 60CSX status bar that shows battery life, etc.

Hello, I have been caching for a couple years and at the time when I bought my Garmin 60csx it was one of the best to get, or top dog if you will. I'm just wondering in two years if it is now obsolete or is it still considered top dog? I'm NOT at all considering getting another one I absolutely love it, just curious is all. what gps do you cache with?

Cheers

I used a 60CSx from 2006 until a couple of months back when I bought a Montana. I'd still rate the 60 very highly, it's just that there are a few things more modern units do that it doesn't. Specifically more modern units support paperless caching and ANT+ related things (in the geocaching world that means chirp, in the non-caching world it means heart rate monitors, bike cadence sensors etc)

I'm not letting go of my CSx just yet, I'll keep hold of it in case I need it as a backup unit.

I finally retired my 60CSx last summer and replaced it with a Dakota 20. It was a great unit but I had been very rough on it and it was in bad shape.

Paperless caching is a huge advantage for unplanned caching stops -- you don't realize how great it is until you do it and then you can't imagine going back.