Geocaching is the best sport ever

:rolleyes: Hi Fellow Geocachers. I know I am preaching to the choir but after two days of caching in Keystone,CO while my grand son has been snowboarding I am again convinced there is nothing better than Geocaching. It is an inexpensive sport that you can do any where in the world. I have been caching in about a dozen states, India, London, Aruba. Caching in CO. along the mountains the scenery is out of this world. I also cached in Monument before coming here. I have walked over 12 miles in the last two days. Now I can go eat a great New years eve supper and not worry about gaining weight. :yikes:

I've got to agree with you. I was out for about six hours today, exploring and hiding caches with a couple of friends (you make the best of friends in this activity, too). We were in one of the most geologically interesting areas around, with huge limestone bluffs and a crystal clear trout stream. Wild turkey feathers everywhere. I'm so blissfully exhausted right now that I doubt I'll be able to see the New Year in.

I've got to agree with you. I was out for about six hours today, exploring and hiding caches with a couple of friends (you make the best of friends in this activity, too). We were in one of the most geologically interesting areas around, with huge limestone bluffs and a crystal clear trout stream. Wild turkey feathers everywhere. I'm so blissfully exhausted right now that I doubt I'll be able to see the New Year in.

You kids totally have to come up here and do the 5/5.

Anyhow, geocaching brought us to the neatest little places a couple years ago on vacation. It made North Dakota interesting it inspired us to change our community while we traveled around Cody, WY. I was coming home from a very long trip for work and my last cache of the evening was somewhere I never stopped before. Never even thought about stopping. I was so overwhelmed by the history of where I was that it became this really touching moment for me.

I agree geocaching is the coolest thing. It has brought me to amazing places. It has introduced me to amazing people. Can't beat it.

We love it!!! It makes you do crazy and fun things!!

This past summer, my husband and I got the mountain bikes out of the shed for the first time in 15 years!!! Kayaked for the first time ever!

Just yesterday...New Years Eve.... I brushed the dust off a set of chest waders I had that are 12 years old. We were attempting to find a cache in the middle of a creek. We didn't find it...(sigh) Thank God it was mild outside (45 degrees).

394477_10150505499723324_811173323_8663347_995114705_n.jpg

Edited by Lieblweb

Yup! :)

Geocaching is what you make it to be.

You can go after death-defying caches on cliffs and atop abandoned bridge pillars.

You can challenge yourself to 24 hours of monotony finding 2500 film canisters along a desert highway.

You can take a fifteen mile hike into the mountains to find a cache nestled near a scenic lake.

You can drive over to a city park and find a cache under a lampskirt.