oregon 450t

The Rubblers

Christmas has been and santa brought me what I asked for :D

I seem to be working my way round it ok but I can't work out why when I put co-ords in (for a multi) it clearly shows it on my map (talkytoaster) but when I return to my compass it goes back to the nearest cache and not in the direction of the co-ords I'm heading to.

I undertand I must be doing something wrong but I just don't understand what as when I go back to the 'where to' it says heading for co-ordinates.

help anyone ?

when I put co-ords in (for a multi) it clearly shows it on my map (talkytoaster) but when I return to my compass it goes back to the nearest cache and not in the direction of the co-ords I'm heading to

Try cancelling out of the current cache guidance before selecting the new waypoint. Otherwise, you may get different directions on different screens, which has confused a lot of us. I think a recent update may have addressed this, so get the latest Garmin update if you can. Good luck!

Edited by kunarion

You are not describing the issue very well, so I am not sure what your problem is. However, it sounds like you may have a dashboard issue. It sounds like you may be using the Geocaching Nearest when you should be using the Geocaching Active dashboard. The way you change it depends on which page you are using and its not clear which you are using.

We had a similar problem with our Oregon 550T at first too. We'd use the coords that we downloaded from the page to find the first stage and then enter the new waypoints for the next stage, hit' Go' and bring up the compass only to find ourselves at the original GZ. What we learned since is that you either have to go back to the waypoint screen and stop navigation to the current waypoint (the original) or go to the 'found it' screen and select 'found' and 'done'. Then go the waypoint screen and select your new waypoint for the next stage. Apparently the Oregon give priorty to the cache waypoint over the other if both are selected.

Christmas has been and santa brought me what I asked for :D

I seem to be working my way round it ok but I can't work out why when I put co-ords in (for a multi) it clearly shows it on my map (talkytoaster) but when I return to my compass it goes back to the nearest cache and not in the direction of the co-ords I'm heading to.

I undertand I must be doing something wrong but I just don't understand what as when I go back to the 'where to' it says heading for co-ordinates.

help anyone ?

All the time you're in the "geocaching profile" (assuming you use that profile while heading to the cache) the unit will always look for a geocache, not a waypoint. I use two profiles (recreational, for example) when doing a multi.