Montana 600 Shortcuts

MCL1080

I made two shortcuts, one changes the routing mode to direct then switches to the map application, the other selects automobile routing then switches to the map application. They do work but only the second time I tap the shortcut.

Say I'm navigating to a cache using turn by turn directions, when I get close I would like to tap the X then tap my Off Road shortcut which would switch to direct routing and go back to the map. But it doesn't, it's still in turn by turn mode, I have to tap X again then tap the shortcut again, then it works.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a bug that hasn't been worked out yet?

Did you ever figure this out?

i just got my Montana and am trying to do the same exact shortcuts.

I talked with Garmin support and the first thing they told me is that the Montana 600 does not come with route-able maps, but I do have city navigator installed, and it does switch to street mode the second time, after clearing that up he told me that his is doing the same thing, and others reported the same problem, hopefully it will be fixed in a firmware update.

i have city nav. also.

i just received my Montana and am unclear as to the steps of creating a shortcut.

These are the steps I took to make the shortcuts. Select setup from the main menu or the drawer. Select Shortcuts. Select + Create Shortcut. I made the name Off Road. I used the boot prints icon. No need to change the profile. Select setup, scroll down to the routing group and select activity, select direct routing. Nothing selected for Where to?. And finally select application and scroll down to select Map.

Create the On road the same way I just used a different icon, and select the Automobile routing instead of direct routing for the routing activity.

You then can go back to the list of shortcuts, select the one you just created then select add to main menu.

I hope you are able to follow along and get some shortcuts setup, and I hope Garmin fixes the issue with shortcuts soon.

I think I have mine setup like you want. I’m on 3.70 software but these shortcuts have worked for me for several softwares.

I usually start out and end up in my geocaching profile. I choose a geocache to go to from the geocaching dashboard. This puts me at the map screen with direct routing. If I want to auto-route I touch “X” to the main menu. In my geocaching profile I have made an Automotive shortcut. I touch the Automotive shortcut and it changes the GPS to my Automotive profile displaying the map screen, auto-routing me to the cache. It takes about 4 seconds to switch over so be patient. The GPS auto-routes me to the cache with turn by turn directions. I have made a Geocaching shortcut in my Automotive profile. When I get close enough to the cache that I no longer need auto-routing I “X” out of the map screen and touch my Geocaching shortcut. This takes me to the map screen in Geocaching profile with direct routing. I use this map screen with the geocaching dashboard to find the cache. I log my attempt and I’m done or move on to the next cache.

I think the difference is that I am jumping to a different profile with my shortcuts and using the routing & map setups of the profile?