Marking status of a cache on the Montana 600

Fiver1

In the owner's manual of the 600 it states you can mark a cache as a DNF, or find by going to >menu,>geocaching, >select log attempt.

My question is do you have to be at the cache coords. to get this to show up?

I found some caches today, and when I got home I logged them on GC.com and then tried to add the through the above method to mark them as found.

I could not get the select log attempt selection to come up.

If anyone has succeeded at this, please tell me how to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Fiver1

So you have already logged your finds on GC.com but you just want to mark them as found on your Montana now that you are home?

If I understand that correctly you want to go to geocaches---> then select the cache you want-----> then select go. Now you should be on the map screen, so hit the X in the bottom corner and select geocaches again (or if you are using the geocaching dashboard just tap anywhere by the displayed compass to pull up the details) and you can select Log attempt from there, and mark as found.

In short, you must be navigating to the cache in order to mark it as found.

Of course you can just wait till you run your next PQ and it will be gone(if you exclude finds) or shown as found automatically after loading a fresh PQ(if you include finds in your PQ)

It is definitely easier if you mark them as found when you actually find them, then you can use your field notes later for logging as mentioned by Cacheoholic

Thank you Savant9. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Shame Garmin doesn't go into more detail on the operation of this new GPS'r. I'm sure there are lots of other little hidden goodies to find also.

Shame on you not reading the manual. What you're searching for is printed in plain english on page 26. Dang.

Frohes Jagen

Hans

Thank you Savant9. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Shame Garmin doesn't go into more detail on the operation of this new GPS'r. I'm sure there are lots of other little hidden goodies to find also.

Shame on you not reading the manual. What you're searching for is printed in plain english on page 26. Dang.

Frohes Jagen

Hans

Obviously you didn't read my post. I said I read the manual and was unable to find the heading it mentioned. I still haven't found the one listed in the manual but I did what I needed to do based on the mentioned helpful post.

So, "Shame on you" for posting an inconsiderate reply.