SUBMITTED (25070) - [FEATURE] Email notification of gallery uploads

thebruce0

I know this feature has been requested in the past, but I'm not sure if it's been posted in this forum, and a search for key words hasn't pulled anything recent that I could find at least. Not sure if it's currently in the works or just under consideration, or already denied in any way.

The request being re-posted is to have some level of notification of photo gallery uploads on your owned caches.

I can think of a few possible manners of implementation, and a workaround or two...

1) immediate email notification -- problem is when multiple photos are uploaded, multiple emails would be sent (spammed, ymmv)

2) delayed email notification -- send a summary email of photos posted to a find log after an hour or two from its posting

3) daily digest email notification -- when an image is uploaded, the log or cache can be flagged so that once a day (or perhaps a week option) an email would be auto sent to the account owner containing a list of all owned caches that have new gallery images

4) better integration of a gallery summary in your profile view, so you can see the number of photos for each owned cache and the latest upload date -- this could replace the email function, by simply providing a live overview of your owned cache galleries.

Good point. If a cache is on watchlist, add notifications for photo uploads.

That could result in an exorbitant amount of email notifications though... I still think perhaps a periodic digest of photo upload notifications (on owned or watched caches) would suffice. Instant notification of uploads seems excessive, imo.