PopIt! for just a state or two?

Bodoni

The Northwest forum has a thread about starting a mailing list for Oregon. While the idea appeals to many, it would either take posts away from the forums or force people to post twice. I noticed that I can choose to PopIt! for the Northwest region, but I don't seem to be able to for just a state or two. Can you add the ability to PopIt! for a state, or is that out of your hands? Or . . . am I missing another option?

Here's a thought. I can actually create forums that aren't listed on the main page. I can have links to them in the regional forums and have someone in each state moderate them. What do you think?

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak Lackey and Geopuppet

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Here's a thought. I can actually create forums that aren't listed on the main page. I can have links to them in the regional forums and have someone in each state moderate them. What do you think?

Jeremy Irish

Would you be breaking Canada down? I'd like to volinteer to moderate Ontario.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_600.jpg

Is there an explanation somewhere about what PopIt! does?

Regarding the state mailing lists: We have a new one for Washington. I like having this in addition to the forums. Some folks just can't be bothered to check the forums all the time. But they still want to communicate with their fellow geocachers. The listservs are a great way to do this. Sure, we have to post some things in both places, but it's still worth having both.

Seth!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Jeremy Irish

YES! Jeremy, we were actually discussing the need for a forum for Maryland just yesterday at an event cache.

Regards,

Tedoca